roadbike question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
listen to these coments Divy. they are talking sense, road bikers arn't called ORGAN DONORS for nothing!!!

i can put up some of the nasty pics around if you are still thinkn of the biggy.... guys in 5 different piece's across the road!!!

road bikes are deadly.... even learning how to stop the front wheel coming up & hitting you in the face is a master'd art on 600's & 1000's

If you are suicidal then buy either of those and leave me your liver in your will.
Im not doubting your riding ability but its a completly different ball-game on the road. Ive been riding road bikes for 19years and in that time ive had 3 high speed crashes 140+ ,broken bones twice and been to too many funerals. Buy a CBR250RR or an RGV and then when youve mastered that get a bigger bike.

i was hoping you would leave a comment cbrrider cause obviouly i know you ride 929cc an would give me some good advice
i agree with every thing you just said but if i got the 600cc the bike would only go as fast as i would let it thats why im finding hard to understand why a powerful bike would be more dangerous

Thats true Divy. But u have to be level headed an not do something stupid (like high speed) while you are learning to handle your bike. Some young people and esp learners tend to think they are bullet proof and show off etc.
good luck with what ever you decide mate. Ride safe.
Oh and be on the lookout for those that dont lookout for you.

250cc 4 stroke road bikes are the worst things ever invented, and it sucks balls that victoria doesnt have the LAMS system where you can ride 600cc dirt bikes, but they let learners ride 2 stroke 250's which are pretty savage little fuckers for a learner...

if you feel confident enough, start off on a 600... even a slightly older one, they have more than enough power to excite and are tame enough not to bite you if your sensible... unless your 5 foot nothing and 40kg, theres absolutely no advantage to learning on a cbr250 compared to say a cbr600

in victoria if you do get busted riding something >260cc, you get a $118 fine with no points and no loss of licence, your bike wont get impounded... but the cop might make you walk home :p and of course you wont have any insurance cover, so thats another reason why a slightly older 600 would be a better idea till your off restrictions.

dont listen to anybody who says you'll lose both licences, cause its BS. in victoria the above is 100% true, i know a few people who have been caught and thats all that happened to them

Going from a yz125 too a R1 is deadly. WORD

hey,
mi dad has an r1, AWSOME bike, but they are EXTREMELY fast, they will do 100km per hr in just 2.6 seconds! But u don't need that mch power, you won't ever go the full 300 km per hr, but it does also have many feature just like you blow off ANY ferrari with some dumb petrol head driving. R1's are MAD, plenty of power too, dad has an 03 model & is trading it in 2 get the 07 model soon.
i don't know for your first bike, ALOT of power, have u ever ridden a road bike?
dad hopped on mi dirtbike, said HEAPS different between road & dirtbike, especially like the 2nd fastest bike in the world, not just speed, accelearation, control, being able to turn with something so big etc.
also, the legal restriction for ya L's is nothing over, i think it is 250cc, if a cop pulled an L over & saw it was an R1, OUCH!
i'll talk 2 dad when he gets home 2night & let you know his opinion, he has had 3 R1's, 10 other bikes & over 20 years expirience all on road bikes.
hope i helped

yeh, mi dad has had 4 crashes cbbr929, once on the deadly wet ram tracks, 1cm of throttle to keep himself moving in 1st gear & he gets a whole like 5cm deep i his knee for it, roadbikes, are NO TOYS 1,000 cc if ALOT of power, mi dad had like 9 bikes before he got onto one, i reckon start off with smaller, just for safety, wats the biggest bike you have even ridden, remember dirtbikes hav alot difference to a road 1,000 giant capable of incredibly fast, just get a 2nd hand bike, maybe something like a 250 or something, the kawasaki ninja's, they are good, hang on, i'll check for their power now

they hav a supersport ike that is 250 but it looks SHIT, aybe this 600

Latest posts

Back