Roketa GS-31A(815B) 49cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan.cyclist

Reaction score
Hello, first time bike owner here.

I was recently gifted a Roketa GS-31A, which is in roughly 20 pieces.
Mechanically, I've got everything where it needs to be, I believe.
The previous owner claims it's all there, all I lack is a fuel tank.
A necessary item, obviously.
What I need help with, is wire placement. I figured out which plugs go to the motor, and the battery, but otherwise I'm a bit lost.
Also, where does the coil mount on to the bike?
I checked Roketa's website, with no real answers.
They've since moved on to the 59B, and quit selling that as well.
I saw the kickstart tutorial, which while was informative, doesn't cover the electric start portion.
I'll gladly post photos if necessary, thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi welcome to Miniriders,

don't forget to drop by into our Introduce Yourself thread and say g'day too.

i guess you have seen this page ?
http://www.roketapartsdept.com/catalog/MC_07_ENGINE_AND_REAR_WHEEL_ASSEMBLY_PARTS-508-1.html

just looking at the starter motor, it is a basic china 1 wire hookup.
there will be a starter solenoid located somewhere on the frame with 2 large wires running to it, and 2x smaller wires
one larger wire will come from the + on the battery, the other will go to the electric starter.
one of the smaller wires will get it's power from the start switch, when the ignition key is turned on
the other small wire may go to an earth on the frame.
do you have a wiring diagram for the scooter ?

cheers, craig

Thanks so much for your reply Craig, that puts me miles ahead of where I was. Unfortunately I do not have a wiring diagram at all. I also appear to be lacking a starter switch as well, although I do have a key switch, charge port, and fuse on a small plastic plate.

I saw the parts listing page, but I wasn't quite sure which if any of the parts listing and diagrams on the website would correspond with my bike, as it looks like this:

http://02cd8e0.netsolstores.com/images/ebay/gs-31b.jpg

Are the parts/wiring fairly universal? I realize a starter is a starter, I was just worried about getting appropriate wire colors attached to the right places, etc.

I'll start off with what you gave me and go from there. The fairing is precisely what the image link above references, if that helps any, which I'm sure it doesn't lol...

My throttle cable is fairly shoddy looking, I'm in the market for one of those as well it would seem.

does the ignition key switch have a start/return spring on it ?
eg turn the key to the right 1 click, and the ignition is on, then turn it to the right a little more and you can feel the spring pushing it back ?
like an automotive ignition switch.

It does not, actually. It just says "lock". Otherwise there is no key, or place for one.

Nope. On my handlebars I've got the two brakes, which have cherry switches in the open position at resting position, with two prongs. I'm guessing it's for brake lights, being cherry switches and all. It appears it has no starter switch at all.

Purchased the switch, that's a definite must. I've located a new throttle cable as well. At this point it looks like I'm lacking a fuel tank (didn't come with one, I'm finding), and the items I've purchased. You've been a tremendous help, I can't wait to get this running!

I think so, yes.

Gs-12exp.jpg

A google images search gave me this. Since it's a Roketa as well, it looks like part number 36 is similar in shape. The fairing appears to be the same, so it should be much like the ones you found.

yeah, mine hasn't got suspension,
but they are made from a lot of universal fitment parts

The Aarvi R1 that i have in this months FOTM has the same front forks but the rear swingarm is differant to yours Dan is made of square type steel and mine is made of round steel but the rear shock and the mounting points are the same. The frame on my old bike had round tubing but yours is square. My bike came standard with the Lifan 110cc engine. I have never seen one the same as yours Dan looks like a strong frame and swingarm.

Yea, it seems to be put together rather well (the frame). Thus far I've yet to see another one exactly like it, on ebay or otherwise. Roketa doesn't directly have any parts available, or reference it in their legacy models. It's the unicorn of pocket rockets. If you do a google search for Roketa GS-31A, it'll give you an image link to the completed bike, with some specs, but that's it. I'm anxious to get it running, and then do modifications from there. I intend to turn one of my choppers in to a monster.

Latest posts

Back