Ruggs Stocka Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i put a tb cam in it and i've adjusted the valves but its got this cronik tick from the motor....mini mulisha was the cam lobe on your aftermarket one any wider than stock?mine was?starting to think maybe i got sent an 88 cam?

thats definitely not good mate... either crazy amount of valve clearance or valves are kissin the piston..

also did you undo the chain tensioner bolt under the motor when removing the chain and cam sprocket? if so then double check you installed it correctly..

the valves seem spot on adjusted them 3 times and they aren't loose, yer i did undo it and installed it with the tube with the black end first then spring then plug? is there something im missing? would this do this if it was the wrong cam?

ok thats good to hear lol
yeah it possibly could.. specially if the cam needs bigger valve springs... but coil binding doesnt usually make that sound but valves kissing the piston does lol

whats the part # of the cam?

it would have to be the race head cam for it to be the wrong cam does its say stock head on the box ?
is the timing right ? werent on false top dead centre ?

i matched the cam number on the box to the one i've ordered and its correct so think its the right one....thinking i might be on false dead centre now i've just searched around will try again tomorrow and see....thanks for ya help ill keep ya's informed

yeah pull ya plug and use a screw driver to work out true TDC and then look at the cam gear. you may need to spin the engine 360 degree's to get the cam dot on the right stroke..

update.....

got some

five-0 footpegs
+1 gear lever
put my pushy slam bars on it
rockstar graphics and plastics kit

think thats it

25s606p.jpg

havent updated this for awhile.

Ive added.

Fox float
sik 50s swingarm
billetware frame
tb 88 kit with high volume pump and hd clutch
new black slam s&m bars
black 12" front wheel
black 10" rear wheel
fast 50s bar pad

think thats it :)

9gjbj6.jpg

nz4lqr.jpg

O yeah cool ruggs :)
So you be running stock pipe! on ya 88 or got anther pipe in mind?

Latest posts

Back