rx 125 -- purchase advice ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubsy54

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm pretty certain that I want a Motovert rx125 with full NSW Rego. (live in metro Sydney)

I read the thread "Help choosing my next weapon" and it was really informative.

One question that came up from that was to do with replacing the engine in an rx50 with a 140 or 150 engine?
What advice ?

Also, I rang Maverick Motorcycles at Homebush who had none in stock and didn't know when they were getting any, and Motocross Madness in Liverpool who don't deal them anymore and told me to ring DVZ (?) on Woodville rd.
DVZ's website showed no Motoverts for sale.

Is there a Sydney dealer who will be happy to answer all my Newbie questions and give good service and price?

Also, are there any registered 2nd hand motoverts for sale or coming up for sale?

Lots of questions, would be very grateful for some answers.

Thanks guys,

Andrew

yeah you mean DHZ . dhz sell the rx in the shop in villawood. DHZ Mini Moto - Home
they dont show the bike on theyre website but they do sell them at the shop. give them a call now quick because you might still catch ken before he leaves the shop

The best loop hole is to get the bike new, DONOT get it registered/pink slipped/blue slipped UNTIL you have done you engine swap...This will put the new engine number on the rego papers.

theres been a few on ebay from time to time.
Thinking about selling mine for about 3.5k with rego.

It works out cheaper to get the rx50 and replace motor. I finally bought a new motor for my RX, should be here this week sometime. The bike has been sitting in the corner of the shed for months.

It works out cheaper to get the rx50 and replace motor. I finally bought a new motor for my RX, should be here this week sometime. The bike has been sitting in the corner of the shed for months.

What motor did you end up buying? Given that the rx125 is a four speed is it actually a viable commuting option? Just to keep up with traffic you'd need to be able to pull to 80 or 90 kph wouldn't you?

2freeq, PM replied to.

my rx 125 with stock gearing can sit on 90k`s, its reving abit high but i can do it no worries,

the 125 commutes well but is a bit too revy above 70k
more of a 50-60k engine

change gearing i run 10 inch rims with 16 29 and mine will sit on 90 k all day

snitchy i thought running 10inch rims would make it rev higher? or have i got it backwards?

What motor did you end up buying? Given that the rx125 is a four speed is it actually a viable commuting option? Just to keep up with traffic you'd need to be able to pull to 80 or 90 kph wouldn't you?

2freeq, PM replied to.

Lifan 140... Nice reliable motor.

lol.

and im running 10" rims with a happy cruise uphill of 90km, 17/36 gearing. still enough left to pull 120.

the place in question is DHZ, woodville road, villawood. across road from the maccas/bunnings. watch the two speed cameras:p

All the suggestions and advice are much appreciated guys.

Thanks for all the help so far.

a Lifan 140 into an rx50. Is this engine a race focused motor, or happy to be used as a commuter?

On 10" rims and with the factory sprockets, what sort of speed will the Lifan 140 be happy cruising at?

Thanks,

Andrew

My friend has a 125 2stroke engine out of his Aprilia rs 125.

Any chance of getting this into the Motovert RX frame?

Will it totally destroy the gearbox?

would go pretty hard.....

Latest posts

Back