RX back on the road

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoluver

Reaction score
Finally after months and months my RX is going again. But still I have problems. My lifan 140 is not charging the battery???? My zongshen 140 with lighting coil also didnt charge the battery???

Wires are colour matched. green-green, blue-blue, black-black,neutral-neutral, yellow-yellow and white to pink (pink in motovert harness).

Dunno wtf up with it but last time my zongshens stator was burnt out... hope my Lifans isnt ill check tomorrow morning before work.

Any ideas with my charging troubles?

I cant help on the charging problem but what type of battery is it? Is it a decent one and is it still good?

Dunno man its just a stock motovert rx battery 12v. I charged it with a battery charger and all was good for the first 1.5 hours of night riding then all of a sudden the headlight and blinkers went dull.

could be the stator burnt out...

could be the regulator as well... i had the one on my 650 and the one on my 125 both die within a few days of each other...

and my mates car....

also one type of stator for the 140's is good, and the other cant supply the power needed...or cant in my experience...

Maybe the Chinese battery is shit and you need a new one. Just a thought because I hear those china batteries are shit.

dunnno its got me, ill pop in to east coast 50s tomoz and get them to check over my wiring.

your wireing is fine id say your reg it jacked got a multimeter ??

i had the same problem on my rx50 ended up being a loose connection in the plug to the reg

Just checked stator... not burnt out. Just checked wiring to regulator, all wires connected. Nope dont have a multimeter. Its still got a bit of charge so i can ride it to work today.

well its got me.... but yeh mine was the same thing..... would stall and carry on as well......

Just went down to see andy at east coast and he says hes never had any problems with the regulator. Its usually the battery or stator. Hes bust atm so im dropping it off next monday. I racked up another 30kms today and the battery seems to have not got any flatter at all so im thinking dodgey battery. Ill see how the charge goes for the rest of the week of day time riding.

Filled up today as well $3.29... got 80kms out of 3L hahaha

reg recs do fry trust me ,yes go to super cheap and get a mulit meter << there awesome tools ,better yet spend 100 bucks on 1 from jaycar and get a good 1 it will last you a life time

but a cheap 1 will work ,trust me owning a bike its a must have

^^^^you want a reading between 13.8 and 14.4 when running at about half throttle^^^

with lights on.... anything else is a stuffed regulator.... and best to use one from a honda postie etc, cause theyre bullet proof...if my 20 year old one is anything to go by...

and wtf 80km from 3L!!!!! i run a 140 with bad jetting and thought about 120km was lousy fuel economy...

with the original 120 with a 20mm carb it was about 150/60 per tank...3L...

:rolleyes: why do you always have to turn to reserve at the lights? or while going uphill through that technical winding section? :p

Last edited:
^^^^ shit my 125 gets 100 clicks on 4 ltrs but i fang the arse off it

coming from a car (alfa romeo) mechanical background, it sounds like an alternator problem. Have no idea about minibikes (hopefully getting my first one this week) but those symptoms sound exactly like a malfunctioning alternator. (could be as simple as a bad terminal connection).

Regulators only stop overcharging (over about 15v)

Had the exact symptoms in my alfa and after pulling out regulators, swapping batteries and a lot of grazed knuckles, turns out the terminal for the wire back to the battery was corroded and 2 mins later, 14.2v

Once again, i know nothing bout minibikes, but that might be worth a look.

Just went down to see andy at east coast and he says hes never had any problems with the regulator. Its usually the battery or stator. Hes bust atm so im dropping it off next monday. I racked up another 30kms today and the battery seems to have not got any flatter at all so im thinking dodgey battery. Ill see how the charge goes for the rest of the week of day time riding.

Filled up today as well $3.29... got 80kms out of 3L hahaha

lol, drop it off to me ill fix it up..... 80km you rev it much?

lol, drop it off to me ill fix it up..... 80km you rev it much?

U working tomoz? should meet up i live in charlestown neer the bypass now...Nahhhh ive been babying it around cause its a new motor.

Latest posts

Back