RX w/140 not charging battery

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLay

Reaction score
Hey all,

My RX50 w/ an 'old' Lifan 140 engine doesnt seem to want to charge the battery enough to hold headlights/ indicators enough at night time.

During the day the power is ample but once headlights come on it doesnt have nearly enough juice. LED digital speedo flickers, headlight dulls to an little more than a park light and indicator flashes are twice as long apart...

Will a new 'stock' staotr solve this? also

Im considering putting a rotor kit in it. Will this produce enough grunt to charge headlights or am i dreaming?

Any help would be muchly appreciated

Battery is june/2008 i has hardly even been turned on.... but i cant confirm it.

first thing id get a multi meter on to the rectifier/regulator and check that. or the battery might just need a good long charge, tho ive got a similar issue that i have to replace the battery. even when charging when i turn the head light on, it takes a while to charge up and the volt meter drops right down, then the lights are really dim. i dont think its too good for them to sit around without charging, could kill it.
ps. sorry bout it being a all over the place, im a little tired atm. hope this helps.

toss the battery out or charge it standard car,motorcycle,jetski,boat batteries are only good for 2 years with regular charging be glad your chinese battery lasted untill now from 2008!

Battery is june/2008 i has hardly even been turned on.... but i cant confirm it.

Sounds like the battery is dead so it's not going to hold any charge. Time to get a new one and hopefully your problem will be solved.

rotor kit will work but lacks charge power , been there done that , the stock stator works the best

your china batt is faarkked , got to battery world and get a quality battery , cost me around the 80 buck mark , never had a problem since , mine is now about 2 yrs old

Cheers guys. Ill turf this battery nd get a quality one. Thanks again!

i have the same thing on my motovert but i have a good battery in it. is there a write up on checking the stator? i know nothing about charging on bikes but cars are easy as

how do you know its good ??

personally i would be running my headlight from the ac direct to your headlight , light will work only when the bike is running , this is how i wire up mine and many others monkey bikes , never have a problem

took it out charged it with a charger, tested with a muilty meter let it sit for a week rechecked. held full charge. if i wired the stator straight to the head lights would i have to do the twin output mod? i'm not really keen on rewiring the bike if i can just buy a bigger stator that will sort it

Latest posts

Back