SA, South Coast MX Club Ride Day, 23rd February 2014, SA

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my67xr

Miniriders Legend and Master Spanner Spinning Mode
Reaction score
South Coast MX Club are back up and running again !

SOUTH COAST MX CLUB "COME & TRY DAY"
SUNDAY 23rd FEBRUARY from 8.30AM

off Quarry Road, Old Noarlunga

The day is a chance for new riders of ages 4-16 to come down to the track and try out Motocross for themselves under the guidance of experienced riders and officials.
~Limited places are available~

PLEASES NOTE RIDERS MUST NOT HAVE HELD A REC./MA LICENCE OF ANY KIND BEFORE. NO TRAINING WHEELS ALLOWED.

Please email Jayne at [email protected] for full entry requirements.​

1460084_663001843752384_644104196_n.jpg

860311_10151365237713392_432241769_o.jpg

maps

Cj and i will be down there early on the day,
be sure to say g'day if you come down

i'll try and let everyone know about the Miniriders forum here too.

cheers, craig

Last edited:
ok,
i have just submitted Cj's entry form for the morning beginners session.
it covers basic rider training and skills, safety, maintenance and having fun riding on the track.
there are instructors there, as well as track officials that can give the riders some pointers/tips etc
at the end of the session, the riders will be given a free 1 Year Recreational Licence valued at $100.
it finishes around lunch time, then at 1pm the track is open to all licenced riders until 3pm
day Licences are available at the track, cash payments only.

there are 15 riders entered in the morning session so far,
including another 3x PW50's, a PW80, and couple of 60cc, 65cc, 85cc and 100cc bike's.

i think i'll take the DS80 up so i can ride with Cj in the afternoon.

That is such a good setup.

Will be a fun day for both CJ and Dad getting out for a ride.

yeah it sound's great,
it is a bit different to what i had thought it would be.

they have set it up more as a beginners morning,
and i can't believe that they are giving the kids a free $100 Licence for completing it too !
that will save us some $$$ over the next year.
i guess it helps to get more kids into the sport, and will help boost their club numbers at the same time.
i am waiting on an email from them with all the details etc for the day, i'll post them up here when i have them.
i think i will go to the Clubs' Monthly meeting next Tuesday, and see what else i can find out.
and they have a working bee planned sometime soon too, just to help clean up the neglected track

looking through the SCMX club Facebook page last night, they already have 180 members

the only bad thing about it is the up to 100cc restriction.
they were shut down a few years ago due to a few people tasking their big bike's there,
this was a violation to the clubs permit for the track.
some of the neighbouring farms/propertys etc put in formal complaint's to the council about it,
and the club was shut down.

i have to look into something else i saw too,
it has a link on their facebook site for Southern Area owners of bigger cc'd bikes wanting places to ride.

i have a mate that will try and get his 2 boys in on the day as well they ride their PW80 and '04 YZ85
i will get them to join up here too.

cheers.

so the beginners morning/ ride day is today

i've gone over the PW50 yesterday, checking it for any problems, and it's pretty much ready to go now.
it even has a couple of Miniriders stickers on it, as well as on my Territory.
apparently all the spots were filled, so there will be 30 kids attending the morning session, and a heap more arriving around lunch time for the afternoon ride.
i didn't get to finish the DS80, so i'll just be watching Cj and the others ripping around the track.
i should be able to get some good photo's/video's fingers crossed.

Sounds like it's going to be a wicked day! Looking forward to some pics. :)

I can't wait for my little man to come of age so we can do this sort of thing together!

ok, been back home for a little while now, it's been a long day !

the PW50 gave me grief as soon as we unloaded/started it.
it was running pretty bad, i couldn't adjust it to make it run clean, i forgot to take my jet kit too.
i tried a fresh plug, then a hotter one, it didn't really improve
best i could do was raise the clip, but it was boggy as still.
he made it through the first hour and then they started to ride up and down an embankment
it struggled to get up it, i felt so bad for him

i took him out of the rest of the training to see if i could sort it, but couldn't
it was only reasonable for the flat riding
Cj ended up riding around with the others on their 50's for a few hours, just taking it easy.
but the best thing was since he attended the day, he will now get his free Recreational licence (worth $100)

He couldn't take it out on the track due to the height of the jumps etc

we watched the 3 different classes riding the track for a while, i think he enjoyed that.
there were a few off's, and a couple of bad landings from some of the riders
some of the boys/girls got some massive air too, was good to watch.
lost of different bike turned up too, PW50, Italjet Lem 50's, KTM50s, CRF50's, PW80, DRZ70s, YZ's, CRF100's and quite a few more.

i got quite a few shots on my phone downloading atm, and a video or 2 as well.
will post them up in a bit once there ready

all in all, i was very impressed with the day there, the staff were excellent, very helpfull .
and the track is very good too, they will be changing it around a bit, and making it bigger as well.
10/10 to the South Coast MX Club from me and Cj.
we are sending off our membership forms in the next day or so too.

pics are taking a while to upload to photobucket, i got around 100 shots all up, will sort out some good ones

and a few more, that's pretty much the good pics.
there were quite a few missing bikes and riders, lol, they were too quick for me, or my Galaxy S4 's shutter

So i got a question about bars, should i go with pro tapers? And which type do i get?

and Cj on he way home, after 7.5 hours at the track

lookin great Craig, looks like you all had a great day! looked like a nice relaxed atmosphere, wish there was some more ride/track days up here!

yeah it was a great day out.

the second video wont load for some reason? i'll try again tomorrow

Top stuff Craig, looks like a great day out. Must be spewin about the PW though :( Always the way though, runs fine till you hit the track....

another video,
think i need a tripod or stabiliser for my phone , lol

i have spent a few hours today painting up a new South Coast MX Club A-Frame sign to go out on the main road.
i hope they don't mind that i've modified it a little!
i'm about 1/4 of the way there...

Latest posts

Back