Scam?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moto99

Reaction score
Hey guys most of you guys know I'm looking for a engine and before i recieved a message saying :

We are a pit bike company located in SA that supply parts and accessories. We can supply you with a brand new lifan 140cc for $299 free postage. Or a 150cc for $399 free postage.

Regards. Seems to cheap to be real to me with free post? Feedback would be great thanks

did you recieve the message on this site??

if so who was the member?

and what is there shop name?

Yeah it was on here his name is
Hristo7 and he didn't give me a name

i bought a lifan 150cc engine off this guy last week arrived safely in good order...they accepted paypal so you cant really get scammed through there

i bought a lifan 150cc engine off this guy last week arrived safely in good order...they accepted paypal so you cant really get scammed through there

Good to know... i think it was the way he was approached that he was concerned about.

Yeah it was.. I don't have paypal either so I'm unsure what to do.

Yeah it was.. I don't have paypal either so I'm unsure what to do.

First you need to reply to old mate, maybe get him to call you and verify business details etc, then if your happy to purchase discuss other options...bank dept etc..

im not 100% sure but i think promoting business via PM's is a no no...but i could be wrong.

Hope this helps

if you dont have paypal im sure they would take bank transfer or money order or whatever you want probably. When i asked about the company they said they are new going to be an ebay business.

they accepted paypal so you cant really get scammed through there

thats a load of bullshit!

if its not through ebay paypal cover JACK SHIT!
several past experiences trust me paypal wont cover your ass. luckily on one of the times i was scammed i used a credit card through paypal, and had to go to the credit card company to get a "charge back" as it wasnt under paypals protection campaine of some thing, and saying that it took over 6 months and 3 claims to the credit company to get my money back. another time it was paid for with paypal funds. and i got f*cked over. funnily enough it was purchasing an engine on here lol.

be careful is all i can say...............

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but I'd be dubious about trusting a user with 12 posts and neg reps... Nothing personal dhz160; it's very easy to start multiple accounts :)

You can always bank transfer to Paypal after you set up an account. Call/email them and find out if you will be covered.

Failing that, using a credit card is the next safest option ;)

sounds sus, but if another member has delt with them then they may be legit..

paying by a credit card would be the only way to safe guard yourself... if the deal goes bad then ring your bank and bounce the payment..

anyways im guessing the dude is reading this so we'll see what happens

Yeah I might just go buy one locally then I'll know I won't be getting scammed, cheers guys

Sends me another pm.... Hi, I saw I made an error in the pricing of the engines let me confirm and get back to you. We offer a 7 day return policy.

Thank you

Hey mate if you don't feel comfortable ordering yet wait til next week there will be an eBay store up and running

If you want we can list it on eBay as a buy it now and we can do the transaction through there.
Thanks

If you want we can list it on eBay as a buy it now and we can do the transaction through there.
Thanks

No one buy off this user at present or do so at your own risk!!

If he is sending PM's selling stuff he will be warned and then banned. It's against our site terms and conditions.

If anyone else recieves a PM, forward them directly on to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back