Schweppes to distribute Monster in Australia

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Alan~

Reaction score
Schweppes Australia, which was recently purchased by Asahi, has signed an agreement to sell the leading American energy drink in Australia.

Monster Energy, owned by Hansen Natural, will be launched by Schweppes on July 1, adding to the growing list of brands in the burgeoning Australian energy drink sector.

Last year, Coca-Cola Amatil showed the potential for new entrants with strong distribution networks with the successful relaunch of Mother gaining market share from leaders V and Red Bull, while Schweppes has said that sales of their new Spring Valley Smart Energy products are surpassing expectations.

“We are delighted with the opportunity this partnership brings,” Schweppes Australia’s Managing Director, David Beguely, said. “(The) recent launch of Spring Valley Smart Energy is performing ahead of expectations and we are incredibly excited to add the world famous Monster Energy brand to our extensive portfolio.”

‘Monster Energy’ is the leading energy drink in the US by volume and value, but Hansen has already got off to a rocky start in Australia due to their failure to register the Monster trade mark. Another company, Bickfords, began selling ‘Monster’ drinks in Australia in 2006 and were taken to court by Hansen last year for alleged misleading and deceptive practices. Their name, product and slogans were very similar to the Hansen product and Bickfords were reportedly aware that Monster Energy was the number two selling energy drink worldwide but also knew they had not formally launched in Australia.

The case was dismissed as the Court found that substantial advertising and strong sales overseas do not guarantee a reputation in Australia and, given there were no actual sales or promotion in Australia by Hansen at the time of the trial, no restraining order was placed on Bickfords.

Bickfords also launched a counter-claim to try and stop Hansen from ever selling Monster Energy in Australia, but this too was dismissed on the basis that Bickfords Monster drink brand was not strong enough in Australia either.

Last year the American-based company signed a distribution agreement with The Coca-Cola Company in the US, which enables Hansen the right to negotiate distribution agreements with coke bottlers around the world - such as Australia’s Coca-Cola Amatil. However, given the strength of Mother’s sales, the company has obviously decided that Schweppes would prove a more suitable partner in Australia.

monster_energy.jpg

Yeah, haven't actually tried it, been told to just buy a Rockstar Drink and put a Green Allens Lolly Snake in my mouth and that is what is taste like

Yeah, haven't actually tried it, been told to just buy a Rockstar Drink and put a Green Allens Lolly Snake in my mouth and that is what is taste like

Yeah kind of. Can't really explain it. If you like Rockstar, you will love Monster.

MMM liking that picture, heard that maitland motorbike shop used to sell it ( maybe still do) i Prefer mother anyday!

They all taste like shit. Why dont you just buy a bottle of 100 no-doz pills for $15? its the same shit.

A mate sent a fricken huge can over from the states. It was a litre can!!

I was pumping for like 3 days after that one. :eek:

1 litre, far out. I drunk 3 mothers during 1 night shift. Didn't really notice much difference, just pain in the gut

i jized in my pants..lol, i dont like energy drinks, they taste crap, give me a milo anyday though:) or powerade..

i jized in my pants..lol, i dont like energy drinks, they taste crap, give me a milo anyday though:) or powerade..

Nothing will beat Milo - although I can't mix it with the milk, have eat it off the top and then drink the milk

a mate of mine had 3 redbulls once and we went skating. he stopped after like 20mins and his heart was pumping like crazy! he thought he was gonn have a heart attack lololol

^^ wat a dumbass........they have sold monster for a while now they sell it at coles and woolworths/safeway its just in a different looking can i dont drink it coz its an energy drink i drink it coz i like it i reckon monster tastes the best out of redbull, V, and rockstar

^^ wat a dumbass........they have sold monster for a while now they sell it at coles and woolworths/safeway its just in a different looking can i dont drink it coz its an energy drink i drink it coz i like it i reckon monster tastes the best out of redbull, V, and rockstar

That's not it! That is why it wasn't in Australia already as due to legal reasons there was already a energy drink in Australia called Monster

best energy drink i ever had was the free coffee at the robin hood hotel in bondi....

i watched the employees very closely...they all went for the moccachino...so i had one:eek: then two:eek: then omfg, they must have been lacing that one with some sort of amphetamine, cause i didnt sleep for two days:eek: and im the type of person that drinks a coffee before bed....

oh ok i could of sworn it was the same stuff ay

Well I assume it is the one I am thinking of. Blue colour can with a screaming face or something on it? Can't remember, haven't seen it in a while, my local shops haven't sold it in months

Latest posts

Back