sdb enduro full size water cooled 250cc!!! anyone know anything about them???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blender

Reaction score
hey guys, im lookin around 4 a 250 thats full size, water cooled and most importantly, cheap. i have found 1 on ebay for 1500 buy it now. i have been researching as much as i can on this bike, and havent found much that tells me much. so imn wondering if anyone out there has heard of/owned one of these bikes and if they could tell if this is a good price and wether or not there a good bike.
Cheers jack.

i dont get why you are helbent on watercooled
here similar price and you get all you would need for rec reg
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dirt-Bik...oys&hash=item1c280ba30a&_uhb=1#ht_2502wt_1186

i have ridden a pitpro 250sx and it was a nice bike althoughout good suspension, decent power and felt nice over the roughstuff

wow man thanks 4 the answer thats seems like a better option, being able 2 reg, but im 15 and i cant really reg yet. i do plan 2 get my bike lic as soon as i can,so this sounds like a good deal. idk i'll hav 2 think about it and save my $$$ i guess...oh and by the way the reason i like water cooling so much is because the way i see it, if ur going to get a bike that u plan 2 keep u might aswell get water cooling, an engine size that u wont get bored with after 1-2years, and big wheels.
Cheers jack

Just a little tip, if its rec reg'd you will be "doing the right thing" as best as you can in the eyes of the law and are more likley to be let off
i know what its like not being able to rec reg or rego and ride it legally.. but im close to being 18 and all i can say is that im happy i have not had any issues related to unlicenced riding or driving and made to wait untill i was 21 or something like that.. very lucky
plus i think the fury has a speedo.. its always fun seeing the top speed you can do at a section with out hitting a tree

"if ur going to get a bike that u plan 2 keep u might aswell get water cooling, an engine size that u wont get bored with after 1-2years"
once you buy one it becomes a addiction lol.. but dont think water cooling is any better or makes the motor any stronger.. the only advantage on some liquid cooling is if your idling all day and or have high compression and whatnot.
you will not get bored with a motor thats aircooled any faster than you would get bored of a engine thats liquid cooled... +if you like making them faster the air cooled are much easier to port and fit larger valves as because you know where and how much meat is there

well the road i live on is one of the most policed roads in australia...(nimbin road what do u expect) and the cops here r pigs. and yeah the fury has a speedo wich i hav always wanted on a bike so i like that. and if i want to put bigger valves in it, do i hv 2 use the same head or can i get an aftermaarket head that already has the bigger valves??
cheers jack

Just a little tip, if its rec reg'd you will be "doing the right thing" as best as you can in the eyes of the law and are more likley to be let off
i know what its like not being able to rec reg or rego and ride it legally.. but im close to being 18 and all i can say is that im happy i have not had any issues related to unlicenced riding or driving and made to wait untill i was 21 or something like that.. very lucky
plus i think the fury has a speedo.. its always fun seeing the top speed you can do at a section with out hitting a tree

"if ur going to get a bike that u plan 2 keep u might aswell get water cooling, an engine size that u wont get bored with after 1-2years"
once you buy one it becomes a addiction lol.. but dont think water cooling is any better or makes the motor any stronger.. the only advantage on some liquid cooling is if your idling all day and or have high compression and whatnot.
you will not get bored with a motor thats aircooled any faster than you would get bored of a engine thats liquid cooled... +if you like making them faster the air cooled are much easier to port and fit larger valves as because you know where and how much meat is there

well the road i live on is one of the most policed roads in australia...(nimbin road what do u expect) and the cops here r pigs. and yeah the fury has a speedo wich i hav always wanted on a bike so i like that. and if i want to put bigger valves in it, do i hv 2 use the same head or can i get an aftermaarket head that already has the bigger valves??
cheers jack

no one has parts for them... that i know of..
you would have to take the head off see if there is any room in there and then get a machinist to install larger valve seats and you would finish the porting and whatnot

well theres an egine rebuilder shop near where i live but there overpriced, i know we'v had 2 get car heads roco'd there. would the head be able 2 take a bigger valve?

well theres an egine rebuilder shop near where i live but there overpriced, i know we'v had 2 get car heads roco'd there. would the head be able 2 take a bigger valve?

unless you can find a pic on the web of the head off to see how far they are off the bore edges and if there close to touching and also if they are close to the sparkplug
ask the reco shop if they use a machinist and if you can get his number or ask them where to get valve seats cut.. you may need to know the size of your valvestems and the size of your valves (by taking it apart) and then you can match the ports your self (and ofcause see if you can source the valves beforehand

unless you can find a pic on the web of the head off to see how far they are off the bore edges and if there close to touching and also if they are close to the sparkplug
ask the reco shop if they use a machinist and if you can get his number or ask them where to get valve seats cut.. you may need to know the size of your valvestems and the size of your valves (by taking it apart) and then you can match the ports your self (and ofcause see if you can source the valves beforehand

well i'll hav a talk 2 them. im a regular there so they should tell me. how much do u think all this would cost?

well i'll hav a talk 2 them. im a regular there so they should tell me. how much do u think all this would cost?

i dunno, depends on the machinist but i would not pay over 300 for it because i could buy the nessosary tools to do it myself for that (+50)

If I were you i wouldn't be going for a 250 china bike unless your prepared to do a lot of maintance. In saying thatyou do learn a lot from owning a chinese bike because it will brake eventually and you will need to fix it and it is usually a lot of fun, well I think so anyway.

I did a quick ebay search for some jap bike that you could consider which are in your price range. They are second hand but will outlast a chinese bike.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KTM-250S...cles&hash=item4ac4048684&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1414
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CR...cles&hash=item257d518106&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1414
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUZUKI-R...cles&hash=item4ac3e6cc28&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1414

And if you save just a little more your options only get better.

The only thing that worries me with 250 china's is that when something breaks while riding your going alot faster when it happens then what you are on a pit bike.

Also I have heard that the chinese 250's are only putting out like 21hp when the japs are putting out like 30hp or something like that!

saw a '90 gsxr going for more than the (new)r6 it was next to at the local rip-off artists (yamaha dealer). an air cooled engine...

fired up my rotary hoe today. made in the late 40's, thats definitely air cooled. starts first pull after...70 years.

vw beetles still running around, theyre aircooled.

lots of planes flying overhead with aircooled engines...

a 1988 XR500 still goes just as hard as a new one... still aircooled.

the de lorean was water cooled.

:D

you are far better off just saving some dollars and getting a real bike with real servicability, parts backup, etc, even if its only a 15 year old air cooled donk. get a china, and if you try to skimp on anything, which is what you are doing, buying china, youll regret it everytime you have to push it back to the ute...or take the ute to it...

on that note...just cus its a honda doesnt mean its unbreakable. after the xr200 my mate had when we were teens? the thing had a whole nest of gremlins lurking in it!

Gday mate
Not sure if you are still looking, Or hopefully it could help someone else that is looking to get one.
But as you know there was nothing available in the way of information on these bikes. I took the leap of faith and brought one. The exact one off ebay from cob and co imports. The bike had a few little issues when it first rocked up such as poor quality fuel lines, terrible spark plug, and the biggest annoyance was that the fuel tank had plastic in the bottom, of which i found in the carburetor needle housing within seconds. Which lead to me having to pull the carbi apart and remove all the plastic, I inserted a better quality inline fuel filter as the stock was riddled with holes. Other than those few issues mate, the bike has performed outstandingly since. I ran it in for a week taking it nice and easy, Now i have had it for a few months, so i have really opened her up and given her the test. I live on 12 acres of really steep and rough hills. I have pushed myself to limits of never thought i would be able to do and the bike has NOT skipped a beat on me. I was suprised by its ability to make it up my side hill. Thoroughly impressed. The knobbies are not the best quality but they are far from the worst. ALSO. IMPORTANT. The brake systems on these bike DO NOT BLEED LIKE REGULAR BIKES. You must have a large syringe with a tube or you will fail. Trust me i tried everything untill i came to the syringe and even the bloke that sold it to me said the brakes were a real hassle. I told him about my way and he adopted it to the best of my knowledge, He was very appreciative of my input and said it saved him lots of hastle and agro. Once i had the right way to do the brakes it turned into literally a 2 minute job with little to no mess. Over all I would still recommend above all sticking with top range bikes such as Honda, KTM, Yamaha, ect, but if you don't have the $ for those bikes as myself this one is the one to get. Just replace the fuel lines, clean the tank thoroughly, replace the spark plug and make sure you re do your brakes as mine were faulty on arrives, well not correctly pressurized. Do all those things before you even attemt to ride it and she will serve you well with no annoyances. I personally would get another if i had the money so my mate can join me whilst riding. Hope this helps to anyone who is thinking about it.
Cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back