SDG Mini 107 resoration/rebuild project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustint209

Reaction score
UPDATE!! SDG Mini 107 resoration/rebuild project

A friend of mine from work gave me the pit bike for free because he was tired of messing with it. It looked rough. The transmission was screwed and part of the crankcase was broken.

IMG_20131104_174433.jpg

To fund the project and keep it as close to a free bike as possible I sold my pocket bike for $200 through craigslist

1384107374213.jpg

Then I ordered white plastics, DC graphics, Lifan 125cc manual engine, new airfilter, new grips and new brake and clutch levers. Waiting for them to arrive.

Next I started the tear down

IMG_20131104_191705.jpg

Painted the wheels

IMG_20131117_101544.jpg

IMG_20131117_101925.jpg

And the frame

IMG_20131117_111010.jpg

IMG_20131117_123635.jpg
The camera may have exaggerated the color a little bit but it's "Safety Red" by Rustoleum

So this is what I have done so far. Stay tuned folks!

SAM_0850.JPG

Last edited:
looking very good mate, better than it would have new !

Hell yeah dude that looks great.

Must be stoked with how well it all came together? :)

Thanks guys. I can't wait to ride this thing!

What do you think of the color I painted the rims? I'm thinking maybe aluminum paint might look better. Or should I leave them that color to match with the black motor that's going on it?

are the rims a satin finish gunmetal grey ?
i would go for full gloss on the rims, much easier to clean
and just use a full gloss silver on the engine too, most aluminium paint tends to look very dry

i hope you used some Loctite on the rear sprocket bolts when you refitted it, or fitted longer bolts and Nyloc nuts

Thanks for the advice. And yes, I have used loctite on EVERY single bolt so far lol.

Well it's together and running! Next on the list is bigger wheels. Dare I say this could be a 50 of the month contestant?
SAM_0875.JPG
Before and after. She sure came a long way!
before after.jpg

it almost looks new, just missing the price tag !!

just noticed this is one of the shortest build threads we have here, 10 posts from start to finish

Yea, I guess I could have taken more pictures and a longer write up but that stuff gets boring lol. Not that I want to sell it, but what do you think I could ask for it?

Latest posts

Back