Sealing 26mm OKO Flatty swivel top??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clunk

Reaction score
Ok i've fitted a 26mm Flatslide from DHZ to my stock lifan 150 and after some efforts at tuning its getting rather hot and back firing flames when decelerating.

So im guessing lean but im running-
K98 main (originally had K100 fitted but had no response at all and very boggy)
K40 pilot(originally had 38 but due to mixture screw only being 1/4 out decided to change to 40)
JJH needle on 2nd to bottom position
mixture screw half a turn out.

No manifold leaks, new exhaust gasket, tight exhaust bolts and the valve clearances are smack on.

I've sealed between the swivel on top of carby and throttle cable using silicon vacuum hose and zipties but now im wondering if the chance of air leaking through between the swivel and slide cover could be causing my tuning issues(lean)??

What have people done to seal these?
Any pics of tried and proven ideas?

Has anyone tried soldering to seal?

The only thing i can think of is an epoxy putty maybe but not real sure how strong it will be if the swivel tries rotating for any reason.

If anyone has any other ideas on what maybe causing the lean(getting hot) or back firing on decel im happy to be educated. :cheeky-smiley-031:

never had the prob your talkin about and my mates oko hasnt either, get the bike at about half throttle and very slowly turn the mixture screw either way, you will hear the engine revs either die out or start to come on song, i think the mixture is a fraction out, id percevere with the mixture a little bit, but you want to tune it with a constant rev to be able to hear the change which isnt so visible at an idle.

Ok i'll give that a shot and see what happens but im still interested in sealing as it would also ensure no water or dirt can get in there.

Ok i'll give that a shot and see what happens but im still interested in sealing as it would also ensure no water or dirt can get in there.

true, some silicone allowed to dry properly should be sufficient, doesnt your cable still have the rubber boot on it, even though these arent the best at sealing.

Didn't come with a boot so i made my own using some soft silicon vacuum hose and tight zipties.

Id say a 40 pilot is way too big for a 150 mate try 36/98 and middle clip and go from there

dont be too concerned about how far out your mixture screw is either

My 160 runs a 36/102 middle clip and about half a turn out on the mixture screw.

I found any pilot over 36 seemed ok down the bottom with great off the mark heaps of balls feeling but when holding a constant rev around half throttle it broke up and also backfired on declaration.. (over run)

The oko's can be a little tricky to sort out they tend to give you lean symptoms when there super rich as well.

The only thing that has me stumped is the running hot scenario ...

I have considered putting the 38 back in to see what happens as i changed both the main from 100 to 98 and the pilot from 38 to 40 in one step.

I have considered putting the 38 back in to see what happens as i changed both the main from 100 to 98 and the pilot from 38 to 40 in one step.

yeah thats a mistake ... but we live and learn ! it took me quite a while to sort mine out but once there done they are a solid performing carby.

try 36/98 set your needle middle clip then dial in the mixture screw see how you go ... you might have to play around with the needle height to get it spot on even maybe play around with jetting but always do one thing at a time .... 36/98 should be fair close to the mark though for your 150

Id say a 40 pilot is way too big for a 150 mate try 36/98 and middle clip and go from there

dont be too concerned about how far out your mixture screw is either

My 160 runs a 36/102 middle clip and about half a turn out on the mixture screw.

I found any pilot over 36 seemed ok down the bottom with great off the mark heaps of balls feeling but when holding a constant rev around half throttle it broke up and also backfired on declaration.. (over run)

The oko's can be a little tricky to sort out they tend to give you lean symptoms when there super rich as well.

The only thing that has me stumped is the running hot scenario ...

Whoever gave me the neg rep for saying dont be too concerned about the mixture screw in the above post ^^ cheers mate ...... :thumbdown:

When i say dont be too concerned about the mixture screw i mean:

If its only a quarter turn out with a 36 pilot and it runs like a champ its fine...

my 160cc is under 1 turn out with a 36 pilot and runs perfect .

Installing a larger pilot does increase my air mixture turns but whats the point if it makes the bike run terrible ....

I tried the whole tune your pilot based on amount of turns out but until i got over trying to get that to work i was pulling my hair out and it never ran right ...

Went back to basics and just tunned it to what works ... end of story

36/102 needle middle clip mixture 1/2 of a turn out its tuned to perfection go figure !

Whoever gave me the neg rep for saying dont be too concerned about the mixture screw in the above post ^^ cheers mate ...... :thumbdown:

If its only a quarter turn out with a 36 pilot and it runs like a champ its fine...

Installing a larger pilot does increase my air mixture turns but whats the point if it makes the bike run terrible ....

I tried the whole tune your pilot based on amount of turns out but until i got over trying to get that to work i was pulling my hair out and it never ran right ...

36/102 needle middle clip mixture 1/2 of a turn out its tuned to perfection go figure !

Yeah i got a negative rep also from this thread, and its not the first either, if someone dont like ya it can make it hard to help others., just a neg rep without a reason.

I'll have a word with MM guys, he'll sort your rep out. and as for you Clunk these guys didn't have to waste there knowledge in being helpful to you.... you know what I'm on about okay..

PM'd nick......

I'll have a word with MM guys, he'll sort your rep out. and as for you Clunk these guys didn't have to waste there knowledge in being helpful to you.... you know what I'm on about okay..
Dont look at me....i love all the info you 2 have given me just havent had a chance to have a look at the bike yet.
I gave both good rep and if i gave negetive it was by accident but im pretty sure its hard to select disapprove without clicking it...

Last edited:
^^^ All good, mm has sorted out rep. Was a misunderstanding on a few of our parts ;) all the best!

Sorry about that Clunk!

Last edited:
^^^ All good, mm has sorted out rep. Was a misunderstanding on a few of our parts ;) all the best!

Sorry about that Clunk!

Its all been sorted me and rotn50 had a chat .. top bloke and thanks carlts for sorting it out mate much appreciated mate your a champ

All good, I've been nothing but stoked with the help I've received from people on here to date.
Keep up the great job guys and I'll let you know how I go once I can find time to look at the bike,

Last edited:
Well today i took the bike out spent the whole time trying different jets to tune it.
After several different combinations all with the needle clip left on middle position iv settled on 36 pilot and 96 main with idle mixture screw 1/4 turn out.
Seems to be the most responsive and clean reving with these jets so next time im out all i need to do is try different needle settings.
Seems to be a real beeatch to cold start but once warm all is sweet.
Im going to check the plug colour after a few hours riding just to make sure all is swell.

Latest posts

Back