Second Hand Helmet

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheKings

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I recently saw on Ebay a Fox V3 Helmet.
The seller says its only been worn 10 times and only has a few chips where bits of gravel, twigs etc have hit it.
It comes with Gloves Oakley goggles Spare visor and Bag for $245.
Fortunately its is for sale in a suburb right next to mine so I may have the opportunity to inspect it first hand.
So is it a good idea or bad.
And if I inspect it what should I look for to make sure that its safe?

Cheers
Kings

aslong as it hasnt being crashed in, look for cracks and if it has stickers on it peel them off and look under them ,sounds like a good deal tho

ummm just see if its in good condition, fits well and has an australian standards sticker on the bak....

thats all i can think of at the moment champ

big bike little bike, whats the difference.. accidents happen and the result can be the same..

im always a bit sus on secondhand helmets, you never know there true history.

it can be as simple as dropping a helmet down a flight of stairs and the helmet becomes useless...

inspect it wisely and dont buy it on impulse..

id steer clear of a second hand helmet...and for $245 you can buy some pretty nice, decent helmets that are brand new.

just my 2c :D

Its definitely a good deal but I'm starting to think twice.
I can get a fox V2 for $199 I'm not sure what the differences are between that and the V3

id steer clear of a second hand helmet...and for $245 you can buy some pretty nice, decent helmets that are brand new.

just my 2c :D

what he said
how much is youre head worth can you trust the seller with youre life cos if you buy it you are taking his word for gospell a helmet can be stuffed but look all good

i had a nolan a few years back that hit the ground with a head in it and scuffed the back on the shell but when i took it appart it was cracked and dented internally

yuk..... i could never wear a helmet someone else has. i dont even let people borrow mine

I got a helmet with my mso. And it could of been passed off as new. It was a fox v2 with no stratches at all. Didn't smell or anything.

You should be able to tell if it has been used. It will have sweat marks and scratches and so on. Personally I wouldn't. He is asking a bit much for a last season helmet. Don't get me wrong though. They are an awesome helmet.

When you're looking for a helmet make sure it's not loose. You need it to be ferm on your cheeks.

Go spend your money on a new helmet. You'll be able to pick up something decent and the peace of mind alone (the piece that isn't on the ground after you crash in a second hand helmet) will be worth it! :)

Have a read up on how helmets work, even if it's only "been worn 10 times" it will have moulded to his head shape and you still can never be sure if it's been dropped or crashed in...

Its definitely a good deal but I'm starting to think twice.
I can get a fox V2 for $199 I'm not sure what the differences are between that and the V3

The difference between V2 and V3 is:

V3 has removable inner liner that can be washed and is lighter than a V2. That's about it.

NEVER buy a second hand helmet, for 1 when your riding you sweat like a mofo and 2 helmets aren't very expensive, well some are but there are cheaper options, when it comes to protecting your head you should never cheap out always buy new

You can not tell even by looking at a helmet if it internally damaged. Dont risk it. I know someone that has brain damage due to their helmet just breaking in half. Take care of your helmet it is what protects your head. If you are just trying to save money buying second hand think again.

There is no way I'd even consider it, no matter how good the deal seems.
There's two things I'd never skimp on to save a few bucks, helmets and car seats for the kids. You're potentially talking about your life... surely you consider it worth a few extra bucks for new??

Latest posts

Back