Seems I got myself in a bind.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aero165

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For you who we're involved in my last post you'll know I bought the Motovert 160.

The thing is I'm in Qld and the bike is in Vic. That wasn't an issue as I was confident my friend who is in Vic on holiday would have space in his trailer to bring it up for me. Turns out he doesn't and I'm now left finding a way to transport the bike up. I bought the bike at a decent enough price that paying for shipping won't really blow out the budget.

Does anyone have any experience in shipping pit bikes? I've shipped road bikes a few times but I didn't know if there was a way to use the size of the bike as an advantage and lower the overall price or if there was anyone going for Melbourne to Brisbane who would take it with the for a carton of cold beers (Long shot)

Any help would be appreciated

I've transported cars no worries. Used TNT & CEVA.

If you can get someone to take the front wheel off and handlebars to minimize the size of it, also to crate it or similar that will help too

The bike is with my parents so theres no problem getting the bike put in a crate.

If the bikes in a crate with the courier need a forklift or something? Pallet jack?

generally they wont lift anything over 25kg by hand... so if its crated yeh you will have to get it either forked on, or arrange it to be slideable onto the truck/van/ute...

you could try freight companys and see if you can get it backloaded.. (unused space)
alternatively.. fly down.. hire a ute from thrifty or a nation wide company, load it, drive it back.. dump the ute at the depot.. be done with it!? could visit the tracks(and members) on the way up the coast then

rental cars will also make it into THE most remote locations and up the toughest 4wd tracks ;) :action-smiley-035:

rental.png

Latest posts

Back