SERIOUS 155z Issues.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you might be on to something there.. doesnt make sense why one is tight and the other is free..

how does the sides of the selector forks look?
and sus out all the dogs on the gears to make sure there not rounded..

you might be on to something there.. doesnt make sense why one is tight and the other is free..

how does the sides of the selector forks look?
and sus out all the dogs on the gears to make sure there not rounded..

we inspected the whole gear box and it was fine

we did notice that the tracks had been pretty poorly machined out of the shifter drum and the selector forks looked fine no wear

but one thing we did discover was if we swapped the selector forks around they seemed to run alot smoother.. is there only one specefic way they go on like is one specifically made for one side?

or should he simply get a new one?

never really looked to be honest..

mark them so you know which is what and pull em both off and measure/line them up, also make sure the selector fork is the same diameter

we did try with them around the other way and put it on the gearbox and spun it around and slipped the gear selector and it seemed to change gears better than before but still didnt seem to quite want to do it wether that had something to do with the fact that the whole bottom end wasnt complete and all put back together

im sorry if its hard to udnerstand im finding it hard to explain lol

lol all good man...

well it all comes down to how many times you want to assemble and disassemble the engine if it doesnt work..
time consuming and can go thru lots of gaskets and oil..

i would simply just bite the bullet and purchase a complete gear box from ken, he'll probly cut you some slack since he was told about the problem from day dot..

Reactions: pbk
lol all good man...

well it all comes down to how many times you want to assemble and disassemble the engine if it doesnt work..
time consuming and can go thru lots of gaskets and oil..

i would simply just bite the bullet and purchase a complete gear box from ken, he'll probly cut you some slack since he was told about the problem from day dot..

should he get a shift drum as well cos im not sure wether he wants to buy g box and shift drum and as we couldnt find anything wrong with g box we could find something wrong with the shift drum but yer it does come down to how many times he willing to split cases i will let him know what you said thanks for the help

shift drum should come with the selector forks.

but yeah id buy primary shaft and counter shaft with gear sets and shift drum, and of course a gasket set..

i wouldnt worry about the gear lever selector shaft as you verified that to be fine.

ok so gear box and the shifter drum/selector forks.

this totally sucks hahaha...

it was just a pain in the ass to ride it any more. money i dont have lol.

money i dont have lol.

my favourite saying lol

oi meant to tell you got a phone call from hardiman atv yesterday when i was at yours about my elka done and dusted and hes sending it back out to me for $72 so should have it this week.... it doesnt look i have been paid either so i will get onto it get your money asap!

just to throw a spanner in the works i have just read thru this thread,i had the same problem with a bike about 12 mths ago and what happened was when we pulled the side off the engine and tried too select gear the shift lever did not reach the stop pin it was about 1mm short stopping it from grabbing gears,it was hitting the base of the input gear,pulled out the selctor a quick hit on the grinder all fixed

i got a new gear box, shift drum and selectors the shift drum looks totally different? could it be an updated model? either that or Ken sent the wrong one.

update:

Fixed the problem.

New gear box and shift drum.
Pain in the arse.. but its all working now.. shifts perfect..

STOKED

update:

Fixed the problem.

New gear box and shift drum.
Pain in the arse.. but its all working now.. shifts perfect..

STOKED

your not kidding spent ALL night plus half a morning getting it together finishing at 3am its one of those fun but not fun experiences lol

Latest posts

Back