Serious Electric problem!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter1230

Reaction score
Ok guys im running out of time.
I bought a 155z this week and got it wednesday.
Put it all together bent the exhaust and all the many problems that came up.
It went in a DHZ K1 alloy bike.

Now to the electrics-
everything has power and voltage (my dad was a camera technician so knows how to work electrics and multimeter but this had us both sitting there scratching our heads. the coil, cdi, actual magneto all work and have power all the cables in between all work but i still have no spark. the spark lead is good to so i have no idea.
I am ment to be racing it at the Dirtmax event this weekend but yeh its not looking good. this was going to be my first race and my god was i excited only to find that the piece of shit wouldnt start. So annoyed bout it cause i have spent at least the last 2 weeks preparing for the race, getting bike ready, making deals etc all to find i have run into a dead end.

Any help great appreciated.
Will be in contact with Ken from DHZ though as it should be under warrenty.

Peter.

have you tried a fresh NGK plug? might be something simple like that but that's as far as I can help

ok I've got one more obvious suggestion, how is the earth hooked up? maybe try earthing it to different part of the frame

have you tested the stator with the multimeter?

what sort of ignition is it...IRK? ORK? standard outer rotor?
what sort of cdi is it?

last resort.... put your old setup from the last engine in it...you know that works

the earth is attached to the frame and has been tested with a muiltmeter so its all good.
sagaone- if i was getting spark i wouldnt be asking this thread lol- if thats what u ment?
It is a standard ORK and just a normal CDI used on lifan150/gpx150/160/155z

The old set up was a lifan 140. no good.

hey pete there is a difference between standard ignition system and ORK (ork is whats in my bike), im pretty sure its an ORK cos its running the same cdi as mine which is a big black box apposed to the little black box's held in a rubber sling

you didnt say if you had tested the stator with a multimeter...

and i think youll fiind the 140 kit will it... youll proberly just need an extra washer under the magy nut

ok new plan. im going to just check everthing until i find something out of the ordinary. Otherwise i was a refund. lol

just a quick suggestion, have you pulled the spark plug cap OFF the hightension lead, and checked it to see if everything is "touching"... could be something simple... plug cap should be screwed tightly onto the hightention lead..

mate did you end up testing the stator with a multimeter?.... most important part and easiest... also check the gap between the magneto and the pickup...

the gap seems ok. what should it be?

Will double check power coming from the stator, is the stator the same as calling it a magneto?

the spark plug has a nice tight fit if thats what you mean?

nah mate, the plug CAP itself... not how tight the cap fits on the sparkplug tip... Plug caps literally screw onto the high tension lead, which is the thick lead going from the coil to the plug.. ie the plug lead...

i no its already been suggested but check your earth again, a guy on here had the same problem and turned out to be a break in the earth wire.

the stator plate is the section behind the magneto..it has coils screwed to it... but you can test the stator condition with a multimeter by putting the multimeter on OHM's and check the blue and green wire.. around 100ohms is good..

this may sound obvious but have you disconnected the kill switch in case its dodgy

Latest posts

Back