she won't rev up

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4wdingman

Reaction score
I have had a problem with my 110 pitty for a while now. I once was riding with a mate and the bike was running keeps good,and then it just would not rev up high. It runs it just wont rev high and its hard to ride cauce its hard changing gear when you can't rev out. Since then i have put in a new top-end and replaced the stock 19mm carby with a new 22mm genuine dekni carby. But it still just won't rev out. I have adjusted the valves and it starts first kick but i wont rev out. Could anyone help me? could it be something to do with the electrics??

thanks

hmmm... need a few more details mate.... when you say it wont rev, is the bike dying altogether, or just sitting stagnant and wont rev any higher, regardless of how much throttle you have wound on?
is it coughing and farting when you have it on full throttle?
if you can describe the symptoms a bit better, might be able to track down the issue.

yea i give it all throttle and it just wont rev high it doesn't die or anything just wont rev past some point and it sounds ok and it doesn't seem to hipcup and cough anymore than it did before

yea
it will idle and rev a decent amount but it just wont like rev high and rev out

well, you could try a new CDI unit, or have a look at your jetting. if your valve clearances are spot on, and throttle freeplay isnt excessive enough to the point that it's not actually opening the carby right up, then it may be jetting...
have you cleaned or oiled the air filter, and tried a new plug... over oiling a filter can have similar results...

yea i have put a new spark plug in it, i might have a look at the electricals of my bike

do you know what sort of jetting you are running? has it had the problem since new?
CDI's can often be a cause... might be a start, and they're cheap to replace.

i am going to buy a new cdi and i dont know the jetting, its been running great for the past 6 years and just now it wants to do it

ok got a new cdi on its way
what would you rechon the problem is if this doesn't fix it??

thanks

jetting in the carb. Either lean some jettings skills or buy a new carb.

i just install the new cdi and its still got the problem, and now it will ride good for like 5 mins then it will bog out and won't start. But if i let it go for a while it will start and do it all again??

so you have checked your valve clearances?
if there spot on the next in line is the coil, after that throw a carby on that is known to be good...preferably off a mates bike..

sorry what do you mean by

"if there spot on the next in line is the coil"

thanks

Latest posts

Back