shift light?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fst4u

Reaction score
hey i was just lookin on ebay and i seen a 2inch shift light for a road bike i was wondering if it would be possible to put 1 on my 125 loncin engine if any 1 has 1 on there bike or nows how to install 1 that would be great

hey mate ive done it before theres a thread on it.

u get 3 wires, green, red and black.

green: goes to ur coil
red: to battery +
black: to battery - or ground.

i found that they dont like single cylinder operation very much.
tacho's a better way to go.

any 1 got a small tacho hooked up to there bike if u do how and some pics would be great

mate ive done that too.
same wiring as the shift light.

tachorx1.jpg

tachorx2.jpg

u can get other tacho's that use inductive pickup which you wrap around ur spark lead aka tiny tach.

do you seriously have time to look at that thing when your racing? you dont see tachos and shift lights on motocross bikes do ya why bother putting one on a mini

the bike is going to be registered and i use it to find out what rpm im doing at what speed. im always curious to see what engines rev at too.
im preety much not gunna rev the thing past 8 thou rpm if i dont have to either, cause power will drop off by then.

Last edited:
the bike is going to be registered and i use it to find out what rpm im doing at what speed. im always curious to see what engines rev at too.
im preety much not gunna rev the thing past 8 thou rpm if i dont have to either, cause power will drop off by then.

how do u hook the tacho up bro ima get one

and does it rev past 9 grand?

red: positive of battery
black: ground
green: negative side of ignition coil

havent pushed my motor beyond 8 grand yet as its still on the run in peroid.

Latest posts

Back