Shock sizing, motor angle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkreign

Reaction score
Rung atomik the other day to ask what size shock fits the mid size nitrous and they told me the DNM on their site. so it was the 280mm MST-RC, i bought the MST-BAG which is same size just with resevoir connected via hose. i got it and its very nice, i was looking on atomiks site for some other stuff and they list the mid size nitrous as having a 295mm shock. this worrys me as its gonna sit 15mm lower on the rear which in turns changes the angle of the motor. is this a bad thing? should i see if DHZ will do a swap over? i dont care too much about the seat height but if it could foul the motor somehow im not gonna even try. one thing after another lately

It will in no way effect the motor as far as I am aware, it will just change your seating position and the potential rake of the bike. If I were you I would 5take the old shock completely off and measure is eye to eye accurately. Have a chat to DHZ and I am sure if needs be they will swap it man. But it may be a good fit and change the ergos for the better, not all bikes are set up perfectly from factory....

Mate, if youre worried about it, just wind the spring up and that'l easyily get your extra 15mm, but dont reckon i'd be too concerned, Also the measurements on Atomiks website don't relate to ****.... Last time i looked (according to their website) the Mid size and the Standard run the same length shocks front and back (which is definately not the case) so yea, grain of salt and al that ;) I put DNM hornets on the front end of of my standard which raised it a fair bit even after dropping them through the triple calmps by about 10mm, and to balance it up i just wound up the rear shock, worked a treat for me and also improved the rear quite a bit as i reckon the guard was hitting the rear wheel on landings when it was standard.

thanks for the help. i dont have my bike here at the moment its at a mates thats why i was asking first. went around there and changed it over seems all good

winding a spring up wont gain height unless its sagging like a mofo...

the spring is there to adjust how stiff the shock is... ya cant stretch the shock shaft lol

MammothLogic_contest_grey.jpg

it's a atomik....of course it was saging like Courtney Love ;)

And it does adjust your ride height....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back