Shock spring replacement???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50freak

Reaction score
Hey,
I cannot figure out how to take the rear stock spring of my crf50 shock I have undone the nut under the rubber bump stop but thats as far as I've got.

Any one know how to do it??

Cheers

I havent done it myself, but im guessin you are going to need some kind of spring compression tool.

Hmm I did read somewhere that you don't need to compress the spring the rod should just unscrew??

Anyone done this?????

nope but how is ya ride going?

get up some pics mate ,i realy wanna see it with all the new gear haha

oh and sell me those 08 graphics and plastics ill give you a good offer ;).since u got those sweet five-0 ones

LOL nah I'm keeping the stock plastics but I'll sell other ones:p
As far s pics goes they will be up shortly.

damn i want some stock ones badly haha but what do you want for the five0 ones and what brand plastics are they? red baron,UFO,acerbis or are they jsut eebay ones???

I brought them from staggs on PM they are OEM fit not sure on the brand..

This shock is killing me LOL anyone know???

mmm not to sure anyway i wouldnt worry with a HD spring cause that doesnt make hardly any difference just get a fastace bs22ar or 58ar of ebay until you can afford a elka or works or fox shock.dont get an i shock there factory is shut down and they do not keep there warrenty anymore.

and how much for the five-0 plastics? and graphics?

Last edited:
Im thinking of a kitaco shock from kaos50 not sure if I'll get one yet?
The graphics have been applied to the plastics. I'm using the front number plate and all the stickers for the forks etc so It's not a complete kit.

I'll put a forsale thread up soon, They will be cheap.

if i can remember correctly on my fastace shock you unlock the 2 coller thingies that screw the spring up or down , screw them all the way up then you should be able to lift the spring up and a thing down the bottom of the shock should fall out and spring should come out ..

The stock spring isn't adjustable.
I've done It before but that was over two years ago LOL. My memory is hopeless.

i just had a look at my stock shock and i would not have a clue how you can get it of there is nothing to undo???

1) Remove the shock from the bike.

2)Use a thin blade screwdriver to slide the black rubber bumper (which is located at the bottom of the shock shaft) upwards to expose the nut which is hidden underneath the black bumper.

3)Place the top of the shock in a vise and clamp down. The shock should be upside down. If possible, use a padded vise or a rag to prevent the vise from damaging the shock.

4)The exposed nut is held in place with a strong locking agent which can sometimes make loosening the nut tough to do. In order to make this job easier, grab a torch (a Bernz-o-matic works great) and briefly heat up the nut. Once the nut is heated, use a thin 14mm wrench to loosen the nut.

5)To complete the disassembly, remove the spring from the shock by holding the nut with the wrench while unscrewing the bottom part of the shock mount with an adjustable wrench.

To install the new spring, simply reverse the above steps. When installing the new spring, be sure to use red loc tite on the nut to secure the nut. The last thing you need is for the nut to work itself loose in the middle of a jump.

And done

Hmmm they make It easy I could not budge the eyelet even snapped a ring spanner in the process. I give up LOL

Latest posts

Back