Shopping for Pit bikes in SA

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty944

Reaction score
It all started when I decided it was time to pick up another pit bike to stuff around on as I buggered my shoulder on the KTM and wanted something to ride while it got better.

I have owned pit bikes before couple of Atomiks and my friends have original Thumpsters and pit pros I know the quality is not flash but if you look after them they seem to last.

First off I picked up a 2010 Pitpro 160 from ebay for $300 that needed some work, Rims, oil cooler lines, suspension. I started using East 50s for parts as I had dealt with him years ago when I had the Atomik.
After chasing him up for some rims and a uni filter I found the rims I bought were for a Pitsterpro and they used different spacers and sprockets to the china bikes, by this stage I had changed the tubes and tyres over and had two days until I was suppose to go riding and he did not have any of the bits I needed in stock.

I was not going to miss out on the ride so I went to pick up a new bike so I could still go.

After calling East 50s again I got the impression he was just clearing out the stock he had and was not interested in ordering more (ordering was not an option for me any way as I needed a bike today)

I headed down to Dassa to see if they had any bikes, the bloke was really helpful and friendly but they too had no bikes in crates I could grab.

So I did the unthinkable I headed to Kamikaze and found they had the Pitpro 125 in stock.
They were selling them for $800 that was not a bad price but wanted 3% surcharge just for using a card to pay, I went and got cash and returned. After waiting about 20 min for them to bring my new bike out of the shed so I can put it in my van and watching the store owner take a customer around the side of the building so he can tell him off for trying to return a faulty item my new bike was here.

One of the blokes helped me load it, as soon as it was in I started opening the box to which the bloke looked worried and asked if everything was ok. I checked all the parts for the bike was there and was undamaged said “all good” and got out of there.
After about an hour I remembered there was a “spares kit” that was supposed to come with these bikes and sure enough it was missing, There was no way I was going back to complain over some cheep parts I would never use and I avoided getting mugged at Kamikaze the first time I was there and figured it was better not to risk it.

After doing a three hour ride in the bush I was hooked on the pittys again, This time I hit up DHZ online shop and after changing my shopping cart around 50+ times I settled on a set of Protapers, 1/8 throttle, DID chain, spare set of levers, DHZ brake, bolt kit and spoke tool. by this stage I figured the wife will kill me anyway so I better make it worth it, I quickly added a Pitsterpro xjr 50cc bike and a set of training wheels (to make it look like it is for the kids)

The bloke from DHZ was great, there was a small issue with the order but he called three times to work out a solution and got my stuff delivered in two days.
I have only just finished getting the Pitsterpro together today, it looks like a bit better quality than the Pitpro but still needs the normal “China” fixes I am yet to take it out for a decent ride but I had a ball doing wheelies up and down the backyard with the kids screaming at me “it’s not fair, it’s my turn!”

welcome to Miniriders rusty,

pitbike shops here are a bit scarce, there are a few good ones around though.
i noticed there are a couple of new shops open now, Pooraka and Athelstone iirc ?

it's good to get some new guys from SA here too,
hopefully there will be a couple of ride days coming up as the weather gets better

dont forget to drop by into the introductions thread too while your around the place
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html

Cheers mate,
Would be good to see some ride days, we have a group of about four riders who go out when ever we can but the land we use is about three hours away so it is normally a weekend trip.
We now have three cameras between us to so will hopefully be able to start posting some mini bike footage as well.

Yea dhz good guys. most official atomiks ok. screw kdf.

Bendigo atomik good bloke.

Latest posts

Back