shopping for ycf 190 head stem bearings and elka shock lower bush

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

china911

Reaction score
l contacted a YCF dealer today and was quoted $50 for the head stem bearings and $8 for the rear bush ... l assume the head stem bearings are what's already there ,may be a generic china ??

Any decent links much appreciated ..

My trusty bearing supplier (German or Japanese made ) could not find a tapered bearing kit for the YCF Braaap.. l ended up purchasing a kit set off Braaap ... This will be the third kit with in 40 hours of riding .. l repack every 8 hours . and they still fail.. .

Do you have the number's of the bearing's ?
Strange that you've been through so many set's, mine are the original's but i guess i never ride it

Bearing sizes including head stem collar 44mm

TOP 330/22

LOWER 330/23.5

YCF TRANSLATION

SUPERIEUR TOP 44/22

INFERIEUR LOWER 44/23.5

How are your bearing's failing?
Like what's going wrong with them ?

And the YCF number's, they're not - 46 x 23.5, 46 x 22 ?
if so then they're the same as Pitsterpro LXR bearing's

Last edited:
44 mm .... 46 wont fit into the head stock ..

l always grease pack bearings as l do with my trailers and caravan ect ..

The needles seem to wobble prematurely ..

SORRY MY VERNIEM HAD A DODGY READING .. CHECKED WITH NEW VERNIEM 46 MM BEARINGS

l have to say , l helped a mate today replace the head stem bearings on his ktm 350 ... Compared to the NSK Japanese bearings we installed ,the china bearing rollers on the Braaap are too sloppy ..Quality is not there.

[/ATTACH]IMG_20160518_173813[1].jpgIMG_20160518_173604[1].jpgIMG_20160518_173622[1].jpg]l decided to skim a little meat off the steering stem to accommodate the lower bearing .. 23.5 mm lower bearing requires a lot of force to seat correctly in place . The bearing material is way too soft to be tapped and seated correctly. This is evident why the lower bearing has prematurely failed.. ( Exsessive installation force)
l don't have a press l use an old bearing inner to tap into place..
After polishing up a little it only required a generous tap as on my other bikes to seat perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_20160518_174039[1].jpg
    IMG_20160518_174039[1].jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back