site improvement, your thoughts.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bones

Reaction score
hay guys. i have thought to help out the moderators, admins and site keepers we should start a thread letting them know of what the community feels is good and what could be changed or added. this site is allready great but there is always room for improvment.

firstly i heard about a competition that was supposed to be in place for some CRF50 plastics, unfortunatly the comp never went ahead and we all missed out but here is the problem, i never knew the comp was even going! due to lack of publicity, it was barely seen on the recent threads section and this is where an issue is caused. i do believe for comp's there should be a seperate section on the homepage for comp information only, this would be a great addition if you ever choose to run comps again as they would actually take off instead of being forgotten.

another thing would have to be about the 50 of the month. the winner month by month should have their bike image placed on the home page, something like a 640*480 image on www.miniriders.com.au homepage so its there in all its glory, would be a nice addition to the website and show new members what winner of the month would look like. i have taken the liberty to quickly generate an image of my thoughts, i have added the miniriders logo as a 100% opacity watermark on the image as well.

GTwinner.jpg

this is an example only and not to be taken literally.

in addition to this i think that 50 of the month pole should be run by the admins as its only just begun and we have allready encountered problems in the sence that the december 50 of the month pole hasnt begun. and were 7 days in. this should also be placed on the front page to maximize viewing of the thread so fellow members can post their thoughts and more importantly submit their pole result. (i do realise we have an active pole section in the bottom right hand corner but this is ACTIVE current pole thus if anyone chooses to make a new pole, the 50 of the month pole is pushed aside.)

these are only my thoughts as to what could improve the site, what do you guys think?? also add your own ideas to this thred, what you believe would be a good addition to the website, hopefully the admins and moderators will see this and make some changes for the good of the forum.

Cheers, Tony.

P.S: im not trying to twist your arm admins :D just trying to improve the community :D thanks

im lovin the idea ,good work bones ,i will get some snaps of my dirt scooter and hopefully submit it just gotta wait for my dc graphicss to come

Yeah Bones good suggestions..

One I have is merchandise ...stickers ,t shirts etc
This may help to advertise the site outside the web .
If the guys are interested we should have a t shirt logo design comp ...we got a bit of talent here I'm guessing .

all good idea's

Plus a locked over 18's area for the big boys where you have to gain access by talkn to the admin or mod

****yeah i tryed to but some of those plastics off scott he said he would check & call me back but since then heard nothing & havnt seen him on here*****

what would you put in over 18 hahahahaha.... i mean i dont think its apporperate to put images of naked ladies on such a high standing forum soch as this, possibly the more gorie stories people have which wouldnt be approperate for the kiddies maybe, good idea though, lets just wait to see what this thread brings :D

Cheers, Tony.

i think bones is runnig for Modident (moderator/president) LOL :D

yeah bloody great ideas, i like the sticker ideas, graphics ideas ab especially the t-shirt idea that would me great to promote our forum an get more members. 50 of the month another great idea love them all.

we need a proper section for product reviews and product reviews only, like bmxtest.com where its all about real product review from the riders so every time you need to go out and buy a uni filter ,rk chain, rev box ,bars etc you can check the reviews segment to see what other people think of it,this also will stop forum cluttering because instead of people asking if a product is ok they can just look in the review section and it may already be listed.im aware that we do have a aftermarket parts section for reviewing but its not really specific people are more asking about a particular product rather than reading 1's individual review ,we can also include bike reviews on says dhz 140s and the mso range and other brands people have.thats my only suggestion really

sounds like a good idea unit. good to see everything is thinking about this, trying to find ways for improvment :D

Cheers, Tony.

Great ideas guys, But if we have 50 of the month do you think there would be enough bikes? Like the site is pretty big and all but we need more people and bikes we won't run out if you know what i mean. Mabye fifty of the 3 months or something.. ?? any sugestions..

this is true but once again there is close to 4000 members most of which own bikes. 470 active members and 99% own bikes. considering we all post us and then only 8 are selected having a pole every month in my opinion wont be a problem. also to avoid any repedativness. (having the same bike win month after month) i think if you get in for a month, the following month you shouldnt be able to have your bike submitted to the top 8. this way it will always provide a difference in the poles im not exactly sure how to work it but i think we can sort something out.

Cheers, Tony.

lovin the ideas fellas

i would be more then happy to get some designs goin for shirts etc. just give me a yell

Latest posts

Back