Snapped Manifold Bolts

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PITBIKE_MULLISHA

Reaction score
Hey guys
ive owned my agb29 for a while now and i have unknowingly snapped the 2 bolts that hold manifold to head

has this happened to anyone on here and are easyouts a good way to go?

anyhelp will be greatly appretiated as this is wats holding me up riding and i wanna fix right

thanks
dave

Never had it happen to me bro but an easy out sounds the way to go as far as getting them out , not sure about sourcing the bolts but I'm sure someone will ....bad luck man can't remember seeing this happen.

Was everything tight from the manifold back to the can ??

Done this a few times, geting to keen on over tightening!

Can remove bolts by using a pair of vice grips/strong pliers.
or using and impact driver or chisel to make enough of an impression to remove the bolts with a flathead screw driver.

The bolts are the same across the market, do you have a motorbike store near? they are about $2 each.

never had it happen to me but easy out is the go.

if the bolt threads are broken off flush to the head , yes the easy out is the tool for this. if the bolt threads have enough room left to use a pair of vice grips use these. just make sure you pack or tape the inlet area so no pieces of steel or dirt goes into the cylinder intake.

Thanx for the advice peoples
ill easy out both of them tommoz and then get back to riding

cheers
dave

use some penetrating fluid befor you try the easy outs... just spray it on leave it to soak in.... makes life soo much easier... and if you snap an easy out, which i had happen, it turns out there is an easy out remover.

MAN I'd be sooo pissed off by the time I snapped the bolts and eaasy out and got to the easy out remover
I'd probably rip the head off with my bare hands and smash it ......I hate it when shit breaks :D

All fixed now
easy outs worked like a treat
and a good majority of my bolts are now changed to high-tensile

anyways
thanks for the advide guys:)

cheers
dave

ive done the exact same thing. i Rethreaded the mainfold bolt holes wif a 8mm tap and die set, now they are a perfect fit.

I didnt tap out any holes on my head,manifold or ect
i just used i think it was one of the smaller easy outs and just undone them by hand after that

if it came down to me having to tap out a new thread id probs just buy a new head even tho theres plenty of meat around holes to go 3mm bigger

anyways my snapped bolt probs are fixed but now its sunday and ihave a snapped throttle cable:(

cheers

Latest posts

Back