Snatchy throttle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think plug chops in the problem rev range will be your only way..

also make sure your exhaust is sealing good.. and incase you havent yet, check yr valve clearances..

popping on deceleration after full noise can be a lean pop or exhaust leak, sucking in cold air..

Just remembered the bike 1 started the snatchy throttle thing after i got my exhaust fixed/sealed!!!

What does that say you ?

Funk....you do the highside...then i'll :cheer2: because i don't have the balls to highside or take the change at least ha ha

Will try with the 45 jet and see where we're getting at. Have anyone checked the valve clearance on there new 160HO motor?? What should they be? Also, the V2 head, what valve clearance am i looking for?

yeah thats does sound weird, usually the other way around with the leaky exhaust..

both heads run .003 and .004.

and if you havent done them on the 160HO yet then thats what id be doing straight away

yeah thats does sound weird, usually the other way around with the leaky exhaust..

both heads run .003 and .004.

and if you havent done them on the 160HO yet then thats what id be doing straight away

And .003 is inlet and .004 is exhaust - correct?

Quote londin
Funk....you do the highside...then i'll because i don't have the balls to highside or take the change at least ha ha

your not that soft !!
you were pulling slides the other night!!
slides will get longer with more control if the jetting fixes the snatchy thing . hell yeah!! now slide that front at turn 1 reverse direction
i fitted a 35 jet as it was visably bigger

Last edited:
its a molk carb !
pilot had no markings on it
so went for a genuine 35
as it looks bigger

good stuff sean
those 2 dingers are fussy reguarding there jetting !!
on two strokes i found exhaust gas temperture readings the best .
depending on the engine ,as the gases get to about 400-600c the jettings correct
plug chops great too , but slow to show colour when jetting close to the edge of detonation

Found that the RevMX only had a 40 jet in it so changed to 42.5 and i'll see how we go!

yeah a Pyrometer gauge is pretty good in getting the tuning correct.
this is where a dyno or oxygen sensor comes into play, real time graph showing all that is needed..

as a note i took my pitty for a spin in the back yard this morning, usually the tuning is spot on but i experienced a couple of off idle flat spots.
its pretty cool here today

wound the air screw in a little and it helped heaps...

and its probly been said or youve read it a few times, but depending on the carb style the mixture can be opposite.
IE: mixture screw on the air cleaner side of the slide leans the mix out when winding it out and if the mixture screw is on the inlet manifold side of the slide it richens it when winding it out..

well mine wentr heaps worse with the bigger pilot jet. continuous miss at low rpm
couldnt be f....d changing it back at the track,
so leaned it out on the needle ,heaps improved
but not perfect ,will bing more tuning tools to the next minitard day

Latest posts

Back