So we joined the DS club...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criggs

Reaction score
My sisters (the oldest one, at least) are starting to really get into riding, so we decided to get them each something that is their own and more reliable than the chinese stuff we started them on. One of the bikes we picked up is none other than a DS 80.

DS_zpstaertz63.jpg

It's an awesome little bike, starts up on the first or second kick, idles great, and has plenty of power. Since my sister isn't getting this until the holidays, I was wondering if there is anything important I should go over on this thing before then? I know they're notorious for stripped kickstart shafts (which seems fine), but is there anything else I should check or address before the first trip? I know a lot of you guys have experience with this bike, so I figured I'd ask. As always, any info is much appreciated.

Just check simple things like brake, clutch, and chain adjustments and clean the spark plug then get on and enjoy cause thats all you do with them. eventually the bottom end will collapse but thats expected being 2 stroke.

Have fun mate...

If the suspension is a bit soft you can firm up the fork's by changing to a thicker fork oil and adding a 19mm spacer above the spring, and the rear shock is adjustable, it has a rebound adjustment bolt and 5 setting's for spring preload as well from memory.
The front brake lever's are thin where it goes into the clamp so maybe grab a spare just incase.
Handlebar riser's make the bike feel better too

Latest posts

Back