Sold my 110 engine and upgrading to Lifan 140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxtrax

Reaction score
So today I finally sold my ssr 110 motor and am going to invest in a Lifan 140 (4up not 1d3u) engine. It will have my 26mm mikuni carb on it but the exhaust is still stock. For a short period of time I thought about going straight for the 150 but decided against that after people mentioned you don't gain any power for the price.

Am I going to need to upgrade to a larger exhaust? I did already modify the muffler can to flow more (basically flows like a straight pipe but does still muffle very well.)

Is it going to be a problem if I do not run an oil cooler on this? The kit doesn't come with one and the cheapest one I found was 45-50 shipped.

Any input as to my motor selection would be appreciated. I would like to order sunday/monday!

I decided to just order the Lifan 140 4up since I read that the 150's didn't have much more power to justify the extra cost. I do have some questions though.

Am I going to need to upgrade my exhaust to a bigbore? Are the Lifan front sprocket the same as the SSR? I would like to use my 17t front sprocket that I saved off my SSR.

I decided to just order the Lifan 140 4up since I read that the 150's didn't have much more power to justify the extra cost. I do have some questions though.

Am I going to need to upgrade my exhaust to a bigbore? Are the Lifan front sprocket the same as the SSR? I would like to use my 17t front sprocket that I saved off my SSR.

Personally I would of payed an extra 80 bucks for the 150 cos I love my lifan....
and yes you definetly need a big bore zorst , and I'm sure it comes with a 16 or 17 drive sprocket

I was thinking about the 150 kit but read many things about the kick start shaft/housing breaking. I'd rather have a little more reliability than max power.

How big do I need to go with the exhaust? Maybe I am dumb but is zorst a specific brand or just a figure of speech? What is a good brand that isn't going to break the bank?

I was thinking about the 150 kit but read many things about the kick start shaft/housing breaking. I'd rather have a little more reliability than max power.

How big do I need to go with the exhaust? Maybe I am dumb but is zorst a specific brand or just a figure of speech? What is a good brand that isn't going to break the bank?

ZORST=EXHAUST & "BIG BORE CRF50 EXHAUST" Type that into eBay if your on a budget

Ok. I have been keeping my eye on ebay but haven't found one that I liked. I was thinking I might have to keep my eye open for a used stock exhaust off a bigger 150/250 bike and modify it to fit. I have access to a welder and all the tools so I could cut/reweld a stock exhaust fairly cheap.

I did find this headerBig Bore and was thinking I could just modify the can I already have. How are the FMF systems? I was hoping to stay under $100 for the exhaust but if the FMF systems are decent I might jump for one of those as I can order them through work.

My other option that I have been watching is this full system but I didn't know if it would be big enough.

Please dont get that full system the muffler is of poor quality and the baffel is just rubbish,
The clamp which holds the exhaust is very faulty and the rivets holding the end cap on are rubbish and a pain in the butt if you have to change the baffel which you would have to do because it is just 3 sheets of fibre glass insulation

Thing that concerns me is the header looks much thicker/heavier and I don't think the bends are right. If I did get the full system I could just use it with my stock can. I would modify it to flow more though.

Do they ship to the US. Also that link says they are sold out.

Will a klx 110 exhaust fit on the honda 50 style engines? I found a decent 32mm big bore exhaust but it is for a klx.

yeah i agree that pipe would be more suitable, but i know for a fact the muffler will look cheap in real life. if that doesnt bother u go for it, as performance over asthetics is what u really want

Yeah I don't really care about looks. If needed I can modify the can or make my own. The head pipe is what I am really looking for.

My other option was to get an FMF but I can't find any dimensions for the head pipe on those. Anyone know if any of their xr50/cr50f head pipes are bigger than 28mm?

Ebay seller of the engine is really pissing me off. They marked it as shipped and gave me a tracking number. After 5 days fedex still says the item has not been accepted yet. After contacting the company I find out they are out of stock and will not be getting more until AFTER it was supposed to be at my door. THEN it will take 5 business days to get to me! I won't see my engine for another week to 2 weeks. :-(

Can they get in trouble for marking it as being shipped and providing a tracking number if they don't even have it in stock?

Yes I have. I specifically am noting "As a seller, you're expected to:... Specify postage costs and handling time in the listing." When they say it will be delivered to me before they will even get the engine I find this misleading. Also, marking the item as shipped to deceive me into thinking it is on the way when in fact it hasn't been is also not the way to go. They should have the add list the number they have in stock instead of saying "More than 10 available"

The least they could have done is contacted me and explained it instead of making me discover the issue on my own.

What difference will it make if I piss the seller off if they have already submitted a buyer rating for me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back