someone please help!!?!?!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lachie

Reaction score
i have an atomik proX 125cc thumpsta
and it was running fine last time i took it for a ride..
and i took it for a ride a couple of days ago
and it was running really slow..
and felt like it had lots and lots of flat spots in it?
can anyone sugest anything please??

and also when the bike is off and its in gear.. i pull the clutch in and it wont roll? :S it used to do it..
but when im taking off in first it works because the bike stall or whatever?

someone please help lol im going away soon and want the bike to be running good..

Maybe ajust the clutch not just the cable
As for the flat spots
clean out fuel system and carb
look at spark and gap
Search forum for how and settings
as a starting point

mate check your not leaving the choke on , and also check the breather on the fuel cap isnt blocked.
as for the clutch i guess its not a start in any gear engine so the small cover with 2 screws in it on the clutch side of engine needs to come off and there is a small screw and a lock nut in there that needs to be adjusted. ideal adjustment should be tight but still able to move the adjuster lever. over tight and it will wear the clutch out and also have less compression...
hope this helps mate..

thanks guys
ill give them a try..
how do i tell that the breather is working properly??

pull it off, cover ur mouth over it and blow through it! if the air dosnt get through or is harder to get the air through it is blocked... but i cant see how this would effect the motor only by slowing the passe of fuel therefor poor running...

explain what you mean by flat spots?

thanks yeah i tryed it and its blocked do i just take the cap off it and clean it out?
um like when im riding and it just hits patches where it looses the power behind it and then it takes off again, its weird kind of hard to explain.. i'm wondering if it might have something to do with the spark plug or something but im not sure im not really good with all this tech stuff..

could be a ignition problem! but more then likely fuel problem! i suggest you drain the tank and get some compressed air in there and get all the unused plastic that was left in the mold, also check the fuel lines of any blocks... and last but not least clean out the carby!

but before u do anything turn the fuel tap off and then disconnect the fuel from the carby and then turn the tap back on and have a look if the fuel is running with a constant pace

okay, would you be able to give me some instructions on how to clean out the carby?
and with the fuel lines i cant see any blocks..
i guess ill have to drain the tank and check for any plasic like you said..

i cant get the cover off the engin to fix the clutch..?
the screws are on too tight lol i dont know how im gonna fix this...

Latest posts

Back