something wrong!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puzey125

Reaction score
hi guys i bored out me 125cc to 150cc and it all went on fine had to take the timing chain off n shit and now the kick start is like stuck but when i take the front valve cover off it will kick ova wats the go

um...piston hitting the head? did you do a dummy build with plasticine/playdoh on the piston crown when you assembled it?

doesnt sound like you did...its either the piston hitting the head or the piston hitting the valves...hope you didnt stand on the starter, else youll be doing some replacing of parts... that plate holds down the head, and if loosening lets it turn over, something is hitting something it shouldnt be hitting... even half a mil is still enough to destroy everything....

this is why you always turn an engine over by HAND after making any mods.... and invest in some plasticine...about $3 at the newsagents...and saves $$$$$ in the long run...:)

If the bore kit was made specifically for a 125 of the exact brand engine that he's put it on , then "theoretically" , the piston "shouldn't" hit the head ... If it's one of those stupid kits with the thin steel shim head gasket then say no more ... It always pays to do the mock up check with plasticine regardless tho' ... an ounce of prevention is better than a lb of cure ...

Any 4 stroke engine that has good ring seal and compression will be near impossible to kick over with the plug still in the head while the cam chain is disconnected and the rockers are on the base circle with both valves shut ...

Headsmess has said it all ... if the cam hasn't been properly set up in time with the crank then the realisation that he should have parted out for a Honda service manual will sink in pretty quickly ...

I simply can't fathom how some people think you just take the cam chain off and put it back on ANYWHERE ... LOL ...

Amateurs taking risks are like juvenile cuttlefish ... when things go wrong , they quickly realise that they're not the full squid ...

Latest posts

Back