Sound system help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooseMan

Reaction score
Hey so I have brought a toyota hilux hence my absence on here for a while, I have installed one of these
Android 4 4 Double 2 DIN CAR DVD Player Radio Stereo Head Unit GPS Satnav RDS 3G | eBay

and now I am trying to fit a Fusion CP-AS1080 slim line sub/amp but am not sure how to wire it all. Running power to it is simple enough but not sure how the rest goes. Do I wire all four speakers to it? Here are the plugs coming out of it...
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...2A-EHZaWtVk8hBjayOS86GfstbAD8Kwz89rYdamZl-J-w
not sure what to do with them

Cheers fellas

You will need to run a pair of RCA cables from your head unit to your amp and your blue wire which should say P-cont on it.

Your RCA's will tell the amp what to send to the speaker whilst the p-cont will turn your amp on and off with your stereo.

Stinger RCA's are a good choice, I've never had an issue with interference whilst I've used them. Also try not to run the power cable along side the RCA's because they can cause interference. (Winding noise in your speakers)

Last edited:
Cheers cardogs, with these rca jacks, I figure I plug one into to sub wire but where does the other one go?
Here are the wires ihave,.....
19.jpg

Hey bud,
You have purchased a sub amp. You connect the sub rca to the amp. You will need to purchase a amp for speakers or run the speakers directly from the head unit.

Dom

I thought you'd just run the rear speakers off that amp ?
Otherwise you'll need to get a 4 channel amp to run all 4 speakers.

Hey so I have brought a toyota hilux hence my absence on here for a while, I have installed one of these
Android 4 4 Double 2 DIN CAR DVD Player Radio Stereo Head Unit GPS Satnav RDS 3G | eBay

and now I am trying to fit a Fusion CP-AS1080 slim line sub/amp but am not sure how to wire it all. Running power to it is simple enough but not sure how the rest goes. Do I wire all four speakers to it? Here are the plugs coming out of it...
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...2A-EHZaWtVk8hBjayOS86GfstbAD8Kwz89rYdamZl-J-w
not sure what to do with them

Cheers fellas
For each amp you need to run:
Rca cables (for sub i use one but for multiple channels you need more) ran from headunit

Blue wire (Rca) its basically a on off switch wire for your headunit to turn the sub off when it is not in use

One 12v wire from the battery.. Straight to battery with a fuse and nothing touching steel. If you are going to run a amp your prolly going to draw alot of power. so dont try/bother trying to source the amps from your aux power from the car..

One grounding wire to chassis..

Wait what wire do i run?
For sub i chose what i had laying around. pretty much some heavy gauge cable from some electrical appliance. to run the power and ground.

Rca's are the audio connectors that you find on those ancient non hdmi consoles that you keep locked in your closet for later use :D
I just hacked a few of them up and ran some speaker wire from one side of the car to the headunit and then soldered and taped them..

Thats what i use for my 750w kicker amp and dual kicker c6 12'' subs..
And thats enough bass to make your hair shake along with your chair..

Now to run my pioneer speakers.. i will use some well insulated better grade wires to avoid interference from anywhere but its pretty much the same but 4x the audio cables :D
good luck with the wiring..

Sorry mate I didn't actually open your link for the sub/amp combo.

I'm guessing your trying to do this on a shoe string budget but for that sort of money you could pick up a new set of Kenwood 7x10's and a cheap second hand 4ch amp and it would sound way better!

If it's possible save another $200 or so n buy your self a decent 10" slimline (airless) sub and a cheap D class amp and wiring kit. You should definitely get all of that for under $400.

There should be a big plug with heaps of wires that plugs into the back on the left. You will have to run your speaker from the head unit unless you buy a 5 channel amp.

BBRCRFBOY has a good little setup in his little 4x2 luxy. I'll get him to chuck some pics up if you want.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back