Spare parts, bushings, pins, guides, etc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolsp33d

Reaction score
ok so I want to replace the bearings throuout the whole Project Zed. that is frotn and rear wheels, swing arm, and headset. When the originals were removed from the headset, they were loose, as in not in a race, is this normal? has anyone replaced their z'd or possibly even CRF bearings as they are more than likely the same size.

if so.

Please cut and paste the table below and fill in what you can

Front Wheel...................Price:.......P/N:..........Shop:

Rear Wheel....................Price:.......P/N:..........Shop:

Swingarm......................Price:.......P/N:..........Shop:

HeadStem/steerer...........Price:.......P/N:..........Shop:

Possibly Modee might be the man to fill this in, but am sure there are other members who have verniers and a zed or a crf!

Last edited:
if you can get numbers of the old bearings or even measure them up and tell me the ID, OD and width i can source them for you as i reckon i will have them on the shelf:D

hey brother

you will have to measure the wheel brgs

from memory the swing arm brgs are a rubber dampend thing but i believe they can be replaced with somthin tuffer

as for the head stem they are the same as a crf so you will be able to change them over to taper rollers

sizes are as follows
top ID 22.5 OD 44
bottom ID 24 OD 44

not 100% on the od but the ID is 100%
the best place to get these will be from andy at big 50's i know he has jap brgs there in a posh kit

otherwise post the sizes

hey modee do you know the width of them brgs as i have japs on the shelf and can post for 5 bucks + the cost of brgs if speed is interested

Last edited:
Yeah sp33d stop being lazy & measure the things then all will be known, coolio or myself will have most of those bits in stock ;)

I am hopefully picking up a 1970 Z50 on the weekend, so i will soon feel your paid lol

Lol, ok ok you SLAKAS are guna make me go buy a vernier obviously :p so will do that friday and measure and report back!

cheers coolie for the recomendation, jsut didnt want to get @rse r@ped by a bike shop when the same thing could be available elseware :lol:

Will keep ya all informed!

hillz, pain is having TWO and neither going!

The crf50 and Z50 head stem are the same.

I have used both crf50 caged ball bearings in the stock Z50 races as a cheaper upgrade over the loose Z50 bearings.

I have also fitted "all balls" tappered bearings meant for CRF50's to one of my Z50's.

As for the swingarm bushes, your local honda shop can order them for you or Classic Honda 50's Australia will have them. The website isn't up to date with all the parts he actually has, but contact Jaimie as he has a large range of Z50 parts in stock and he is cheaper than Honda.

The wheel bearings are the same as in crf50's too.

Parts List for Front fork rebuild-UPPERS NOT INCLUDED.

forks-1.jpg

FORK LOWERS: 51460-165-000

Need 2 ea.
ITEM......Honda Part #

GUIDE, FORK PIPE: 51502-045-670

OIL SEAL (20.7X30X7): 90755-064-013

CAP, FORK PIPE GUIDE: 51503-064-010

BOOT, FR. FORK: 51505-064-010B

PIN, SPRING: 51526-064-000

PISTON, SLIDE PIPE: 51507-098-000

rear shocks: 52400-120-010
rearshock.jpg

headlight replacement: 33100-051-690
headlight.jpg

Last edited:
mmmmmm new parts. Can't wait to see some progress pics.

Here is a link for a parts fiche for your model, it shows all the part numbers and a rough price in euro's.

honda partsmanual fiche z50j1 monkey general export kph

I find it easier when ordering from your local honda dealer to get the part number and take it in. Then they don't have to waste 10 minutes looking on their parts fiche to find the part number you are looking for.

niceones dogboy!

unfortunatly, no new bits yet.. just pics iv found while lookin 'bout! ;)

Latest posts

Back