spark but won't start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4wdingman

Reaction score
hi my bike wont start
its got spark and i have put a new plug into it.
its got fuel and i have cleaned the carby
i have checked all wiring but it still wont start
i just gave it a wash and now it wont start
i have tried putting fuel on the plug and giving it acouple of kicks but its got no bang??

thanks

so are you saying it ran fine, then you washed it, and now it wont start?

you sure its sparking right?? is it blue? and spark like 10 times in jst one kick, <<< its not rly 10 but around that ,

no no no, uve got water into the CDI ignition module and shorted/corroded the internals.
it will have spark but at the wrong time.

replace it then report back here if it doesnt fix it.

its pretty obvious that you've gotten water somewhere, i'd be listening to Dabomb.

it was running > he washed it > now it doesnt run = water

hi my bike wont start
its got spark and i have put a new plug into it.
its got fuel and i have cleaned the carby
i have checked all wiring but it still wont start
i just gave it a wash and now it wont start
i have tried putting fuel on the plug and giving it acouple of kicks but its got no bang??

thanks

you put raw fuel on the plug then kicked it over? with the plug out of the bike? it's possible you've fouled the plug....
Not sure if the wash is coincidental with the not-running thing... but if it has fuel, STRONG spark, compression etc, there's no logical reason for it not to be running... did it suck a gut ful of water into the motor when you washed it?
Have you pulled the plug out and turned the motor over a heap of times to see if it's pumping any water out of the motor? (can happen)... might have fuel and spark, but if there's water in the bore, it will "extinguish the flame"....

i dont often recommend it, but try a squirt of "start-ya-bastard" and see if that puts some fire in the old girl...

check the kill switch on your handlebar. If it is getting spark and fuel and compression it should run. Sounds like an earth problem. that's what the kill switch does. le
t me know how u go.

check the kill switch on your handlebar. If it is getting spark and fuel and compression it should run. Sounds like an earth problem. that's what the kill switch does. let me know how u go.

i found out that it had a cracked ring so it didn't have 100% compression but still had a fair bit. I am gonna get it fixed and sell it and i'm gonna get a 92 cr125 off a mate for 2300 its in good condition and had a total rebuild at christmas.

thanks for all of your help

Latest posts

Back