Spark Plug Doesn't Spark!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliotcocofishing

Reaction score
Hey, I have a DHZ 150.

I have gone through 2 spark plugs in 2 rides simply because the stop sparking.(Most likely because of it running rich, It has been fixed though)

I put in a 3rd today and I kicked it and it didn't even sound like it wanted to spark. I took it out and did the "spark test", it didn't spark at all, It was a brand new NGK "C7HSA" plug.

I had rode it for 1 hour the previous day to run it in and it was fine, When I turned it off, it fired right back up again.

So what could be the problem?? It is a brand new bike.

I've had the exact same problem with NGK C7HSA plugs .... I bought a whole box of them and they were all faulty except two ....... they'd start and run great ...... then after the engine was stopped and cooled down it wouldn't start again with the plug looking black ......

I couldn't work out what it was until I tried the plugs on a lead of a running car engine ..... The porcelain insulator cracks deep inside allowing the spark to jump across inside where it's shrouded from the fuel ....... My engine was tuned spot on too .... and the ignition was working as good as ever with a strong blue spark when I checked it with a new NGK car plug .......

Sometimes you can crack them by tightening them too tight but in my case that wasn't the cause .... I simply copped a faulty batch of plugs .... Incidentally they are made in Japan .......

I had a simalar problem...

No spark and check all the wires wasn't the coil or cdi or any wireing, but it was something inside the engine that was f@#king up, so there was no power at all going to the leads!!

I tried Denso and it thats the time when it actully started and ran, Well im gonna chuck that piece of shit NGK in the bin and only gonna buy Denso. :) - I got a new stator for free from DHZ Mini Moto with express shipping, they are really helpful!!

Latest posts

Back