speed wobbles

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2freeq

Reaction score
went for my bikes mayden voyage today and when i get it up to about 92kph it starts to wobble and get a little hairy.
what can i do to elimate speed wobbles on my motovert rx?

if your forks are poking above the top triple clamp, push them down until they're flush with the clamp. That will improve your stability but make it turn-in slower.

forks are flush with the top clamp, steering head bolts seem tight and wheel seems aligned properly. i feels really good under 90k`s just when you push it past that the front end starts to wobble

maybe its suffering from little bike syndrom

i might try that, i know its got too much pressure init at the moment, i went to the servo to check it and the guage said 18psi so i squeezed the trigger for like half a sec and it said 40psi, i`ll lower that and see how it goes, thanks mate

ive always thought speed wobbles come if its a small bike going at fast speeds

like for example small wheels
but i dunno
im not the expert uz r

lower in the rear = more stability at speed but little less cornering ability, higher at the rear and lower at the front = less stability at speed and better cornering, I noticed when i had my rear shock at the stiffest setting which raised the rear a bit i got speed wobbles near top speed but with it softer and the bike choppered out more and didnt even come close to happening. Also a different wheel setup like 12/14 would fix it but would be a bad road set-up.

its the tyres man, there not bad at breaking at low speed but high speed dont like em to much.

ok guys thanks for all the input, lowered the rear and front tyre pressure a bit, it not as bad now. i might look into getting some good quality tyres aswell

yer matey, i just ordered the TT92's will tell you how they go when they get here!

the standard road tyres have awesome grip with cornering but the speed wobbles worried me haha

try seeing for a steering stablizer, also are you running nobbies or street tiers, and the pressure can cause woobles.

hmmm got the tyres to day...heres the rear tyre(left) compared to stock(right)
11022009.jpg

just put them on bike....dam brake disks mouting holes use a diff PCD....have to get some new 1s!
heres a photo with them on bike:

tt92s1.jpg

tt92s2.jpg

that looks sweet mate, what are they worth?

Latest posts

Back