spider minichopper complete engine swap

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaacbaker64

Reaction score
hey guys i have a 110 cc spider mini chopper that came with a cheap loncin engine that i blew up i have a 125 cc lifan in it now but im clueless about wiring it has a 5 pin cdi and a 4 wire reg rectifier a coil and a battery what all do i need do i need the battery at all completre dumb azz here

You should be able to use the same wiring harness?
And yer you
Can ditch the battery and all the elc start. Use the little search bar the top of the page mate I think there was another thread about this

Last edited by a moderator:
ok

so i searched and found a man that took one of a similar and made it into somthing awsom imma try to work with him by phone or email and get this thing running

Last edited by a moderator:
i take it you still want to use lights and stuff? in that case, if the rectifier can handle it. lifan 125 harness should have 2 yellow wires that arent really connected to any pins. they go to the rectifier. theres a few threads on here with the layout of the pins. have a look at this hope that helps.

here yall are remember i dont care about lights imma do them off the battery theyr led i modded them when the bike still ran
cdi
isaacbaker64-albums-my-pics-neon-dude-picture301-cdi.html

engine wires
Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum - isaacbaker64's Album: my pics neon dude - Picture
coil
Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum - isaacbaker64's Album: my pics neon dude - Picture
reg rec

hows it going? if you sorted it out please disregard the following post. :)
hmmm, cant see the wires too well, but is there two yellows or a yellow and a white wire? (non striped) if so those will be the positives to go into the rectifier. from the looks of things, the black wire coming out of the rectifier is the positive out, to go to charge the battery or what ever you use it for. green is the earth. since im doing a similar project, ill like to know how it turns out. due to being busy, i haven't had time to work on my own one as its at the other house, other wise i could be more helpful. at the moment mine is sitting, two yellow wires chopped off from the plug to the wiring harness. then running a computer power 4 pin plug to the rectifier(yet to be soldered into the wiring). ill try let you know how it goes, just remind me in a few weeks, hope i get a chance to go down there.

whats ur number ill call u and tell u the wire colors i know em by heart and i bought a new cdi and rectifier incase thats the issue i may need a coil tho i get no spark on all the tests so anyway just to get it running i put blue/white to blue white red blk to red blk and green to ground yellow blk coil to yello blk cdi and btw look at the coil picture see i got green to ground on batt....thats all of em but they go to the batt not the frame should they be to the frame? and the blk cdi is going to battery positive along with the blk from the reg rec right...?

usually they will ground through the frame to the battery. sort of makes things simpler and cleaner. dont think anything from the cdi should be going to the positive of the battery. off the top of my head, im not sure of the layout, all the colors should match up. Here is a diagram (thanks bulldog) im guessing its the 2nd one down.

you say you ran the green from the stator to earth, and the negative (green) from the coil to the negative on the battery, you might just need to run another earth from the battery negative terminal to the frame to tie in all the earth points. (im assuming they are all going to clean bare metal)

the battery is there for the starter motor and any electrical accessories you want to add,
it doesnt supply power to the coil and the coil shouldnt need to be earthed on the negative of the battery.
the bike will still run without a battery

if that doesnt work try joining the green from the coil direct to the green on the cdi unit, and kick it over

also check the yellow/black stripe wire from the cdi to coil isnt broken, i have found a few with this problem. i ended up replacing that wire and it fixed the no spark problem

sometimes the wiring connectors plugs/socket dont make contact, you can unplug them and get a pin or jewelers tiny flat screwdriver into the female side terminals and pry the tabs a little to make a tighter connection when you plug them back in together, crc/wd40 spray can help too

have you checked the kill switch is ok? unplug it and try
is the spark plug new/newish?
remove the spark plug (leave the plug lead on) and sit the plug on the engine preferably touching bare metal. get someone else to kick it over, you should be able to see a spark then (might need something to give you shade over the plug, rug etc, so you can see the spark easier).
plug gap should be .7mm, i have found i get a better spark around .5 -> .6mm

if all else fails use your old 110 loom and cdi etc if it worked before you blew it up
and forget about the battery, starter solenoid, ign switch etc

let us know how you go

Last edited:
K guys everythigs new and still failing spark tests wtf that shouldnt be its a brand new coil im thinking one of 2things stator (highly unlikely)not normal cdi wireing

im going to test stator and see if its outputting at all if so it isnt wired right i read somewhere that sometimes the right upper and lower(looking at the pins cdi wires are switched

Latest posts

Back