splattering..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridef0rlife

Reaction score
well I've got a 125cc x-motos bike.. just rebuilt about 3 weeks ago.

i was riding it 2 days, giving it a whole heap (yes it's been run in if your wondering :p) and then i could smell a different then normal kind of smell, so i turned around, and noticed a lot of blue smoke, so i rode home slow and turned off the bike, and it sat for a while, it wasn't running or anything, but a little amount of white smoke was slowly coming out of the exhaust..

the next day i went for a ride, and it was fine(being gentle on it). but then i went for another ride that day and it was splattering like it was about to die of fuel like NO power, so i checked fuel it and it was pretty much full...

could i have blown the piston rings or what do you think I've done to it?

hey, i got a xmoto bike too but mine only splattes in 4th but dont rly know y,,,i think it mite be some thing to do with ur carby and jets but im sure theres a way to test if ur rings are fucked,,,

and im pretty sure blue smoke means to much oil....?
and white smoke is stale fuel but not 100% sure but some 1 will say if its right

Last edited:
blue smoke is burning oil most common causes are:
piston rings are crapped
too much oil in the sump
head gasket on the way out.
valve seals are leaking.

can test ur rings with a compression tester
check ur oil level too.

hey, i got a xmoto bike too but mine only splattes in 4th but dont rly know y,,,i think it mite be some thing to do with ur carby and jets but im sure theres a way to test if ur rings are fucked,,,

and im pretty sure blue smoke means to much oil....?
and white smoke is stale fuel but not 100% sure but some 1 will say if its right
i found out, mum just told me not to use the fuel in the white drum because its 2 stroke fuel, but i already put that fuel in about 4 days ago!!!!!!! WTF.

and my pitbike doesnt ever normally splatter, but ul find ALOT of xmotos bikes do, idk why, my 250 xmoto splatters, we've fully cleaned the carby and got new jets and everything, cleaned all the air filters, nothing has fixed it yet, IMO they are POS. but my pitbike has been greattt

Latest posts

Back