Splitfire Spark Plug leads?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unit_mx

Reaction score
Cleaning my bike today relised I had cracked my plug lead which was a ngk unit so am now in need of a replacement. Noticed a few people running those splitfire dual core plug leads. Just wondering if they are any good , I noticed its a silicon tip rather than a plastic connection piece so its tougher , but is there any performance gains or just a wank factor?

mainly wank factor i had to manipulate the inner as well cos it kept falling off the plug

Ive never noticed any performance gains from leads before but ive never really noticed any gains or differences between the standed NGK plug and the Iridium plug either. I still tend to go for quality leads such as the splitfire but i only run the standed NGK plug.

plug leads and iridium plugs shouldnt increase performance but should in theory be more reliable. Iridium plugs are just designed to last longer

you should be able to get a splitfire for quite cheap.. fella gave me one for free when i bought fastace forks and i got another for ... 20 i think?

How much longer are iridium plugs supose to last compared to the standed NGK?

anyone who says it gives u more power most likely had a shit plug to start with.

Not sure on bikes i know they are used more in hipo high boost applications in cars. hvent tested it in bikes as yet. might do tho need a plug for mine i think so might weigh up the options when i go to purchase.

iridium has a higher melting point plus higher resistance to corrosion.

has anyone had a play around with plug gaps to see how much gap these coils can support?

Last edited:
Theres just a big price difference between the two plugs and I cant see what the diff is thats all.

Unit u should be able to get some splitfire leads for about $30.

iridium is a rare metal and has a fancy name so they can charge a lot more lol. they are the kind of plugs u stick in mitsu 3000gts cos to change the plugs u need to remove the inlet manifold so u need them to last a long time.

Tho doesnt matter if it runs rich or lean its still gunna stuff the plug ;) its just gunna cost u more to replace.

whats the price of an iridium plug actually?

Latest posts

Back