Starting a business

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres one idea i have of a logo...
aussieminis1.jpg

im starting not to like it lol..looks like ill have to make a few up and have a vote or sumthin...but AussieMinis will be the name (c) lol

ive gotta make the edges more smooth on the rider(TJ RUSSELL) and it should look sweet!

Looks like you're heading in the right direction. I like the last pic/logo also.

I've got a Degree in Business, but I didn't do much study on e-business (selling online etc). But the simple way to go would be to get your website up and running; get around to all the tracks and expose your business; get a good repetoir of suppliers; and (most importantly) keep good communication going. You'll need to register the business and obtain an ABN etc. Need any help there I could point you in the right direction. I'm a manager for where I work, and I helped start the business 8 years ago. So I know a thing or two.

You could still expose your business on ebay, just not as an ebay store. List certain items and use Aussie Minis and your account name.

hey,
i heard that you didnt need to register your business or get an ABN if you generate under $60,00 from the business per financial year. Also can you be any aget to register and get and ABN or is it 18 and over. Im doing business studies this year(year 12) im hoping to get some good info from that about what to do!

thanks for the good comments and help :)

youll need to be registered with ABN to import stuff wouldnt you?

A.B.N very easy to get. i think u can even do it online. i needed one to drive a mr.whippy van (ice cream). was working as a contractor but. dont know about revenue cutoff but. jus give it a go nothin to lose. i tried to import some stuff from china ( pro taper bars, oil catch cans, carbon exhausts etc.. but everyone i spoke to talked me out of it. the stock is dirt cheap although it is all copied. e.g pro-taper bars for $14 U.S., carbom exhaust $38 U.s prob was u have to by certain number of stock. i.e 25 bars, 15 ehausts etc... good luck. p.m certifiedriders he owns a pitty and mountainbike shop in cairns. he may help u. also try tradekey.com for contacts in china

Last edited:
amlogo1-1.jpg
like that better?

cheers for the info ill go about getting an ABN now! thanx guys :)

hey guys,
well i have made some shirt designs up for my site lol (im getting a tad bit ahead of myself lol!

FRONT:
aussieminisshirtfront.jpg

BACK:
aussieminisshirtback-1.jpg

hey guys,
well ive applied for a business name (Aussie Minis) and ive also aquired an ABN so everything is looking good!

thanks for all your comments and help :)

Don't you have to pay for a business name and an abn number?

not the ABN but the business name yes..not sure how much it is though..it didnt say on the form but it still asked for your credit card details. Which i wont give unless i kno how much it is per year!

You've got a credit card? Amazing.

haha nah im gonna get a debit card soon..exactly the same as a credit card but it takes money from your bank account..its basically a normal card but u can use it for pay pal, and credit card transactions etc.

to register business name used to be $60( few years ago) prolly like $100-$150 now. if u got a car get some magnetic signs made up and put them on ur car-becomes tax deductible

is that cost for like a year or forever? and with the signs, if i get them made up i can just claim them on tax for car expenses or something right?

Latest posts

Back