Starting a business

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it owns, I just went for a ride :D

Michael, PM sent.

I've filled you in with a bit more info. I've started two businesses myself (for a family member and for where I work now) so I know the drill.

Whilst I can't speak for the e-business (internet) side of things, I haven't had much experience in that area, I can provide solid info on your ABN/tax/income/wage or drawings obligations.

Any help I can give, I'll help where I can.

Ruby

is that cost for like a year or forever? and with the signs, if i get them made up i can just claim them on tax for car expenses or something right?

The form you filled in should be similar to this:

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/assets/files/01_App_reg_bus_name.pdf

The business name registration cost is for 3 years. After which you'll need to renew the registration (a reminder notice should be sent to you). Keep the receipt for the transaction, as you'll need it to go on your Aussie Minis books. I don't think there's GST included in the cost but its still a recorded expense. Its about $189 in total from memory.

Any costs associated with signs/advertising can be recorded as an expense, and the GST element can be claimed.

For a bit of reading, check out this link. It will provide you with much needed info. Happy reading ...

E-business

Ruby

yeah that is the exact same form i have downloaded and started to fill in. ill check out that link as well.

thanks heaps :)

made another little logo...
silouttechrome.jpg

Looks like a 70s record album. Sorry my 2c worth. ... pass the bong!

How about a white background with a navy blue silhouette (or whatever colour) of a minibike (not necessarily doing an extreme stunt) and the words "Aussie Minis" in a semi circle above the image?

The white background (or any colour) should be considered to match the webpage background. I've never really liked black as a background, but thats just me.

Last edited:
Or, heres one ...

How about a silhouette of a minibike taking off on dirt, or doing a burnout on dirt, and the flying dirt forms the words "Aussie Minis"? I hope you get what I mean?

I might fire up my Paint Shop Pro when I get home and try mocking up what I'm thinking of.

Ruby

haha ok..i still like my second one..the red and blue one with the white siloutte rider in the middle. That one was just a bit of a stuff around one.

cheers, Michael:)

Yep I like the red and blue one too. Just smooth it out and it'll be hard to come up with something better.

Latest posts

Back