starting to loose intrest

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogo1987

Reaction score
hi all plz help me get my bike going since i got it it keeps starting the odd time and when i eventually get it goin it cutsout after about 50 yards its all new to me i thought this would be an easy repair but i havnt got a clue so if anyone can talk me through what to do to get it goin i would really appreciate it thanks in advance

what sort of bike, and what motor?
and what carby are you running?

have you pulled the carby off, and pulled it down
and cleaned it out thoroughly with carby cleaner/throttle body cleaner.
then blow the whole thing out with compressed air.

the small holes in the jets and jet tubes could be blocked with gum etc, from sitting around.

when you kick it over, does it have a decent blue spark at the spark plug?

how old is the spark plug?

Id go over the basics. Id say it either carb or ignition. If you get it to run again as soon as it dies pull the plug and check for spark. Then open the carb drain screw and see if fuel comes out. New plug and a meticulously cleaned carb should be your first point of call, I know its frustrating, we've all been there, but once you learn how to sort out the basics you'll never look back

its a bossini db 50 with a pull start not sure what carby it is an i drained it thw other day and it started but now when i try nothing comes out there is lkike a tube that comes from there aswell so i bled it through that but again now when i turn the lever nothing comes out

can you load a pic of the carby or a link to one that looks the same, to help us diagnose it?

What is it a two stroke? Are you riding with choke on? Is the fuel mixture correct? How old is the fuel? The questions are endless mate more info and pictures for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back