Stator (?) dramas today...HELP! please!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaffa86

Reaction score
Today while I was out riding everything was going fine until bike made a bit of a clunk and stalled, I thought it was due to low revs so I restarted the bike however now it wont rev, it splutters and carries on like its sucking air or something but still idles fine and runs but as soon as you give it any revs it splutters.

After a short ride back to the ute I stopped and noticed oil coming out of the under side of the stator housing. So I came home and removed the housing and oil is coming from the underside of the stator plate.

Can anyone diagnose my problems and help me out before I take it to the mechanic tomorrow?

Thanks in advance..

blown a gasket someware!? maybe cracked a casing!? why not strip it down and inspect whats gone wrong!??

wheres the pics to give a visual description!!?

did you crash or anything unusual? where you thrashing it? you should take of the stator you should be able to see if somethings wrong, and that's dangerously close to your crankshaft

Hmmm could be time for new engine. Prior to this happening I was giving it a bit but no more then normal... I did also hit a concrete drainage tank but only really clipped footpeg I think.

After it still ran for bout 20mins just spluttering though..

Turns out a seal gave way for some reason. And the oil in near stator was causing missfire...

Latest posts

Back