Stator Plate leaking oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHZ

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just replaced my stator plate due to a damaged sensor mount and it's leaking oil. My replacement plate didn't come with seals so I just resued the ones from the damaged plate, they looked okay at the time, but either they weren't or I didn't install it properly.

Any tips on checking the o-ring and seal to see if they're okay and any techniques that I need to be aware of in terms of installing the plate to prevent leaks?

JHZ

can you identify where the oil is coming out?
ei...the outer edge of the stator plate, the center crank seal or the 2 bolts that screw it to the engine

if the outer o ring is damged the slightest it will leak
if you damaged the crank seal while getting it out of the old stator plate just the slightest it will also leak
if its coming out of the bolts then you havent installed the little o rings that sit in the block around the bolt holes...

Actually I didn't even realise there were seals around the bolts so I definitely didn't transfer them over. That's probably it. Cheers!

haha yeah, take your seals out, make sure no bits missing, make sure they arent too floopy. you hsould have 4 seals. Well actually you should have 3 o-rings and 1 seal.

1 thing i should of mentioned is that i have seen gouges in the case from ppl digging a screw driver in between the stator and the case to lift the stator out....
just be sure to look for that too

Yep, I definitely do not have any o-rings for the bolts, so it looks like I'm going to have to buy some. Obviously the ID must be at least 6mm, any idea what the OD is? Also do the o-rings go underneath the bolt head and on top of the countersunk depression or inside the bolt-hole?

they go in the case...look where the thread for the screw is, there is a recess for the o rings...
without measuring id say 6mm ID x 8mm OD...roughly the same as early holden 6 or V8 valve stem seals..iv used them before...

Latest posts

Back