stators

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

china boy788

Reaction score
hey,
ok so im having problems with my 125 elec start motor, its not sparking at all,
i have got one of them blue "race" cdi on it and thats not lighting up when kicking it over, so there for stator??

atm im pretty sure its got a lighter coil stator on it but its the 5 coil one, ill find a pic of it if needed,
http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/23491-lifan-stator-onto-yx.html <--- look down the page its the kdf one

but will one of these ones fit into it and get it working fine?
Picasa Web Albums - Michael - Parts for Sale

also, dont need it for lights, jst need it to start and run,

Last edited:
if you have an electric start engine your magneto should be bolted on backwards on the crank and the stator plate should be fixed to the outer cover....

anyways have you tried a standard cdi box on it. those blue box's fail all the time.....lost count how many i have thrown in the bin and most dead out of the box...

if you have a multimeter there is a way to test the stator.
copy and pasted from elsewhere...

IF YOU SUSPECT YOUR STATOR IS FAULTY THE WAY TO TEST THE IGNITION SIDE IS USE A MULTI-METRE ON THE BLUE AND GREEN WIRES, YOU SHOULD GET OVER 100 OHMS RESISTANCE. IF THERE IS NOTHING ITS KNACKERED. YOU CAN ALSO TEST YOUR POWER COIL, WITH A VOLT METER CHECK THE BLACK & RED WIRE AS + AND THE GREEN - AND YOU SHOULD GET A VOLT READING WHILE KICKING THE ENGINE OVER.

yer its on backwards,

i have tryed another cdi and still noting, but ill try the mutimeter thing tommorm,
do you jst cut the blue and green wires coming off the stator and test them while kicking the bike over??

i have tryed 3 different coils and a differnt spark plug and cdi, thats why thinking its the stator, but ill recheck them and try the mutimeter on the stator tommorm afternoon,

you shouldnt need to cut them.(blue/white & green)..they should be connected together just after they come out of the engine...and you dont need to be kicking it over..

does this bike still have an ignition switch? if so try a new one or try bypassing it.

shouldnt need too cut ?? but there all connected to the wiring harness and theres no bit to take the reading off?? and i wont need to kick it over? it jst gives the reading out all the time??

and no theres no key or even kill switch on the bike atm,

jst checking will the other type of stator work as well??? or will it work and jst kept frying my cdi?

Last edited:
Problem fixed both csi and coil went . Fryer my other cdi too but probby I welded frame with taking off but I well waiting on new wiring hardness and new cdi now ....

And when started white smoke came out of between head and barrel..... Is that mean blow head gasket???? after I saw this turned off straight away ?????

Could mena its blown, check your exhaust gasket, could be loose. Your head or barrel could be loose also.
Just remove head and check the gasket. Takes 10 minutes. Fairly simple.

Was just thinking, gases shouldnt be coming from there unless piston rings gone but then bike wouldnt run properly. Could be something to do with valves

yer it probby that but o well, if he rides it and brakes it, he pays for the part but if i brake it i pay, i end up doing the work on it anyways so o well,, ill set valves again b4 he rides it tho

Latest posts

Back