Stolen or not?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooseMan

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows how to find out if a bike is stolen or not? For example there is one on gumtree but don't want to buy it if its stolen (obviously). Any help is great, thanks in advance.

Do a vin check through the police thats how i found out mine was stolen. I think you can also do them through bike shops

Only way to tell is if the bike has been identified by the police and has then be reported as stolen, take the vin on the engine, should be around thegear shift I think or maybe the kick start, do what snaptrax said and take it to the police and have it checked

Only way to tell is if the bike has been identified by the police and has then be reported as stolen, take the vin on the engine, should be around thegear shift I think or maybe the kick start, do what snaptrax said and take it to the police and have it checked

VIN is on the headstem of the bike, the number on the engine is the engine serial number, size or sump size. Once you got the VIN go to this website, it'll cost ya but it's under $10 from memory :)
http://www.ppsr.gov.au/Pages/ppsr.aspx

Last edited:
ring ezyreg on 131084, ask them to check the frame and engine numbers for you, it is free.
or you can pay for a certificte
it will come up on their screen if it have any interest on it, eg finance, or stolen etc

ok then, thanks guys, this stuff really helps, the guy hasn't responded to me yet though:( Its not running but all it needs is the carbies cleaned, and I'd probably give it a new paint job too. Its a gpx 250 by the way.

Just tried your website timeeh and paid $4, I put in my kdx250 chassis no. and it came up as "no security interest" YAY! for me. Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back