strengthen crf50 frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just strengthened my frame the other night with a piece of 17mm solid (same stuff they use for the pins in removeable tow bar tongues rated to 3 tonne). I did a bit of shaping to make it a real tight fit then welded it in there. I also countersunk the hole for the front fuel tank bolt because on mine there were 1 or 2 threads of bolt that was deeper than the nut that's part of the frame (could have ran another washer but figured this would be more tidy) Here's a pic anyhow.

photo1sm.jpg

Last edited:
I just strengthened my frame the other night with a piece of 17mm solid (same stuff they use for the pins in removeable tow bar tongues rated to 3 tonne). I did a bit of shaping to make it a real tight fit then welded it in there. I also countersunk the hole for the front fuel tank bolt because on mine there were 1 or 2 threads of bolt that was deeper than the nut that's part of the frame (could have ran another washer but figured this would be more tidy) Here's a pic anyhow.

photo1sm.jpg

I know this is an old as thread but did that ever snap with that mod? And do u think it could be done without completely stripping the frame? (As in so I don't fry anything like electrics)

Latest posts

Back