Stroked, Bored, 171cc Monster Mini.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to hear you say nice things about BSE (Bosuer). I live 10 minutes from the factory and have worked close with them for 3 years to get their stuff the way it is. I'm Canadian but live out here in China to make sure our stuff gets the way it should be before we send it back to Canada.

Good luck with the bike.

Oh, If anyone wants to talk about pit bikes / China related stuff feel free to toss me a PM.

trust me u whont get 22hp with a china mate be lucky to get 19hp but dont worie about the power on the dirt as long as u got a good rear tyre itle hook up im about to bore my 150cc out to 170cc but it wont make 22hp more like 18-19hp

2ish months, It Depends on My cash. As Soon as I Send the money The Build will be complete in a Month tops. It Just depends on when I Have the money to send :). I may end up going with the 59mm Piston, as Advised by the machinist, as he reckons there isn't much performance difference from the 59 to the 60 and the 59 is safer.

So much for the 2ish months been a year since i read the start of this thread wonder what happened to the engine or was it just a pipe dream?

trust me u whont get 22hp with a china mate

Wanna make a bet on that china claim :)

I used a 59mm piston on my 182 build, and personally wouldnt go much bigger if its going to be ridin hard... mine held up fine with the 65.5mm stroker crank (nice crank with offset pin) but the gearbox of the earlier motors cant handle the power/torque....

God luck with the build :)

What's the power curve of the Tak S-35 cam like and what are you using the bike for .... dirt or motard ? Is that the one with the decompressor on it ? If so do they make starting as easy as people claim ? ...

mine was a S35D... untill the deco arm threw out (as per normal) and snapped my f'n cam cover...

pretty much feels like the motoHP 63mm kit for compression with the s35 in it...

its a massive decrease in kicking compression compared to the TBv2 cam that comes with the head standard.

as for the power band.... off idle in 2nd or 3rd (only a short drive way) it wheel stands with ease at any given time. Id go as far as saying its perfect for the big bores as it gets rid of the ball tearing bottom end and makes it alot more linear. once i stick the jetting on it i want to dyno it just to see what it will pull.... The only thing i am waiting on is kibblewhite cr450f springs so i can spin it without the fear of floating a valve into the piston.

wouldnt be happy if it was much less than 21-22hp.

OK thanks mate , it sounds good except for the broken cam cover ... Is the decomp mech still OK or did it stuff up too ?

i just welded the decompression rod all the way out (so that it wasnt deco) and run it as a normal s35 cam.

it would have been fine to use, but i cannot see anyway it would have fit, and cleared my cam cover :(

its a bummer, but the kicking comp. on the s35 is more than managable tbh.

Latest posts

Back