strong motor

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lets ride

Reaction score
i have a question. i have a 184 big bore are these engines a strong engine

what brand/type of engine is it? Lifan are strong, yx are strong, ducar arnt bad, atomik are fairly good.

if your asking about the gearbox, its just a 160ho or yx160 with a bigbore = more stress = more likely to break gears/teeth/dogs
usually around 30ish hours they loose a tooth..
if its the yx160 bottom end, mine was really weak compared to my other motors
if your asking about power, they are quite powerful

lol like do i have to rebuild it after each race can it handle a hard ride . my mechanics tell me that i should take it easy as its a tempramentle motor

its suppose to have sum sort of gear box upgrade

You aint racing the AMA nationals. May require maintenance after every ride or two, change of oil etc, but definitely not going to need a rebuild. And as for the gearbox, just ride the thing, and if it breaks, worry about fixing it then !!

lol sweet thanks mate just curious to what people would have to say

what brand/type of engine is it? Lifan are strong, yx are strong, ducar arnt bad, atomik are fairly good.

Seriously dude. You need to spend some time on here doing some research and getting up to speed with it all before commenting.

I think the biggest couple of things to do are get your starting technique right to avoid pressure on starter gears and centre case.
Don't be feathering the the clutch to build up momentum.

thanks damo really just want to know if the motor can handle a good hard ride thats all

im pretty sure westy was talking to skinlesstrog... cause as we all know Atomik build bikes not engines and Atomik use both lifan and yx engines in their bikes depending on what you buy...

yeh it was in reply to the uneducated comment.

Latest posts

Back