studbolt snapped

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossetti

Reaction score
ok i got a 107cc pitbike and the bottom right stud has snapped of at the rocker cover. just wondering if you can get a new bolt and put it in or will i have to get a new motor? i dont want to get a new motor though i gotta rebuild the top end anyway so pulling it down isnt gunna worry me. thanks

just pull the head and cylinder off use a pair of vice grips undo the stud and replace. the steel studs useually corrode in cases, make sure u give it a good soaking with CRC to loosen it up first...

yep they just screw in.. no need to lock tight em

yesm, i experienced a run in like this...i over tightened a head stud nut and it actually unscrewed the the whole stud from down where its in the case. Loctite and a torque wrench was the answer....

as for getting a new stud, either find a crapped out motor and steal it from there or u could try honda to see if they got some that fit.

ahk thanks guys yeah i used a torque wrench set it to 14foot pounds and it snapped before it even got close to that and it snapped lol. one question ill have to get a 110 stud wont i because of the smaller stroke compared to some engines? thanks

i think the crf50 engines will have the same size??? unscrew another one measure it up or take it to a honda dealer . worth a try.

awk yeah might do that but i aint goin to a honda dealer ill go to east coast powersports hes mad thanks fellas

Latest posts

Back