Suggestion for rear shock w/compression adjustment

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C70-TURBO

Reaction score
I need to get a rear shock for a thumpstar w/ mx style swingarm, something that would be good with jumps and has compression adjustment not just rebound adj. Ive got marzzochi on the front. Ive heard of people with marzzochi on the rear, but ive never seen it..nor do I know how much it cost. Any suggestions?

I cant afford Elka right now, so cross that one off the list. haha

EDIT: I found a DNM SHOCK MT-BAG 280MM with 1000lbs spring for $165 shipped. - Does anyone have any experience with this shock?

Last edited:
so your saying your swing arm is just a straight one and not the crf50 type!!

the 2 swing arms run different type shocks...

dnm, fastace, elka are all good shocks, elka of course being the best of the 3.. biggest thing is getting one with the right spring.. 1000lbs is pretty big..

post a pic of your bike and tell us how much ya weigh.

of those shocks you listed, is there a particular model? im trying to stay under $200

im 6'1'' 180lbs

Last edited:
the dnm shock you have listed will do fine, just double check the length and see if the seller has different springs available as well as you may need to drop to a 800lb. but try the 1000 first because in your pic it looks like the shock is pretty much vertical which changes the way the spring works..

the dnm shock you have listed will do fine, just double check the length and see if the seller has different springs available as well as you may need to drop to a 800lb. but try the 1000 first because in your pic it looks like the shock is pretty much vertical which changes the way the spring works..

alright, thanks for the input

Latest posts

Back