Sunday's Ride

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwapperMX

Reaction score
So, I ended up buying a mod CRF 50 on Saturday afternoon after being inspired by how many guys on here ride 10". Seeing a thread about FastMarty and a few other boys heading out to Lytton for a ride on Sunday, I thought I would head out there to see what riding a 10" is all about. Being the unorganised person that I am, I didn't end up getting there till about midday, as I slept in, and also had a few things to do to the bike in the morning before I rode it. I met up with Marty at the track, and he had obviously been cutting motos all day, and his shiny new LXR was now covered in mud. It still looked great though. I geared up and headed out for my first session, not knowing how I would go, and what riding a 10" would be like. After only riding a couple of turns I was having an absolute blast. I started to get into a groove, and put some laps together. Man, I dont remember the last time I had that much fun on a bike. Railing every turn and hitting every jump, just put a massive smile on my face. Loved every second of riding the 10" and cant wait to do it again. Anyway, got some sweet photos, check em out.

richie316.jpg

richie300.jpg

richie285.jpg

richie276.jpg

richie268.jpg

richie265.jpg

A couple of special ones here, especially for you Georgalis ;)
50 Ruts
richie328.jpg

richie326.jpg

richie324.jpg

richie317.jpg

As a side note, the track had the perfect amount of moisture in it and was super grippy and absolutely perfect to ride. Doesn't get any better. And for people saying the mini scene is dead, you lot are crazy, these things are so much fun to ride, there is no reason why we cant get more guys riding minis again, and get some great race days happening again.

Sick as mate, you have a gnarly collection now. Sick shots too, will be cool to ride with ya one day mate!

Sick as mate, you have a gnarly collection now. Sick shots too, will be cool to ride with ya one day mate!

Yeah Carlts, definitely man. I'm always up for a ride, so let me know when you are heading out, and we will go cut some motos !!

Thanks Tom, you definitely need to go ride Lytton, its awesome.

Picked up a nice setup 10" even tho its got a gay 12" front wheel :)

Looks like a TB RaceHead 88

Thanks eichkay. Yeah I know about the 12" front. Blasphemy around here hey. I like it though, and its only going to be legal for 10" open so gonna leave it 12" for now.

Sweet pics Swapper! Hey no pics of me! hehehehe. Kiddin'. It was a wicked day, and man you cut sic on that thing straight out of the Van! Love the pic of you cutting in the deep trench on the inside line that the Kato 450 was digging out all day! (second last pic with you in it) That trench was a Fiddy swallower!

Hope I can keep up with you soon! Even with 80cc more you gave me a lickin'! hehehe Number 10 Flies man! Nice pick up. Sweet looking bike.

Poor LXR has lost some stickers due to dodgey application from the shop (that now has blankets hanging in the front windows.... hmmmm) But once she gets some new oil and a tickle up ... ready for more! Have some skills to work on...

Noice. Can't wait to get out again.

Thanks a bunch for posting that !

I am dead set foaming at the mouth to get back there

For a guy who has just got his first 50 you look right at home on it

Looks like the 10" class has a new title contender

Keep the pics coming mate

so its not just my sik50's arm that likes to sit near on vertical... haha

looks the goods mate!

there seem to be so many designated moto riding areas on the east coast, in WA just about every council is trying to ban the riding of dirt bikes. we were at a designated off road motorcycle area the other week and the council got complaints because there was too many bikes there, I must say that the ranger came past and he was a cool dude about it all. I know of people setting up tracks on their farms in rural areas and councils ruling VETO over the whole thing.

im just mega jealous of the awesome oppertunities you guys have to go riding.

Hey Westy, yeah dont worry, we are all in the same boat. Two of the main motocross tracks that I, and most other motocross riders that live in Brisbane used to ride, are being forced to close down, and it is not looking real good for either track re-opening or relocating because of a change of government and the lack of interest from councils to support a motocross club. It's sad, and doesn't look like getting better any time soon.

yeh we have a few mx tracks in perth that are close to residential areas that probably have a limited lifespan. I know when I was racing we were getting complaints. MWA are nazi with sound level testing here.

whats a motorcross track? those places that were in empty area's then people moved next to it then complained & got it shut down....? o yer i remember those

Motocross Clubs - Providing reserved land for future housing estates since the 1920s

Finished work early, and thought I would get some extra laps in before race day, and also break my new boots in. Headed down to Lytton, and first session, the bike didnt feel quite right. I pulled in and checked over the bike. It seemed ok, and I went out again. Track was a little slippery and I was wearing new boots, so figured it was just me. I started putting in some laps, and started to get some rhythm. Bike didnt still feel quite right, but just dealt with it. Anyway, the afternoon was going well, and was really starting to get the track dialled, even though I noticed the shock bottoming out hard regularly. The track was a fair bit rougher than Sunday, so just tried to use smoother lines. Ended up having a crash going into the turn before the whoops down the back as the front end washed, and the bike went in pretty hard. I now have a front fender snapped in half, a front brake that pulls to the bar and no longer works, a twisted front end and worst of all, a broken subframe. Plus I got a good bruise from where the bars speared me in the leg. Looks like I got a load of work to do to my bike, and I gotta work all day tomorrow. I guess I wont be racing on Sunday unfortunately, but will be coming down to check out the racing. Not happy that I cant race, but at least I got an excuse to spend some money on my bike !!

Unlucky about the crash man and bike!
loving the photos man, you look great on it!

Ive been riding on Lytton every saturday noon (big bike) , and the track has been in shape!
still not gain on taking the 110 yet. but you may have just inspired me.

Reckon you could hit the big tabletop/double on the 10" ?

Yeah thanks 538. You definitely need to get out there and have a blast on the KLX. Its awesome fun. The 50 gets swallowed a bit and bucked around by some of the ruts and braking bumps, but that track is pretty much perfect for a KLX 110. Nah no chance of hitting the main tabletop/double on the 10". The berm before it is always pretty deep and sandy, and there is always acceleration bumps before that upramp. Even if it was perfect though, I still wouldnt hit it on a 50. That would be epic to see someone do it on a 10". You would probably need an ambulance on standby. lol.

Latest posts

Back